GT7 Trial Mountain 30 laps: Sign up and event thread

I think the best thing for me to do at this point if I still want to run this event is set a final time and date, one that I will definitely run the event no later than. Since the two who posted in the previous thread here are both from the UK, I'll try to make it a doable time for them (but not too late for me!)

Race time: April 23, 11am UTC (lobby to open one hour earlier).

Trial Mountain, 30 laps. Maximum power 295hp, minimum weight 1200kg, road cars, tuning permitted, nitrous banned. As an additional house rule, the Peugeot L500R will not be allowed.

Most realism settings turned on, except mechanical damage off. Shortcut and contact penalties will remain on. Sports tyres, x1 fuel use, x5 tyre use. Whilst there's no mandatory tyre, I recommend sticking to the soft compound as the delta between compounds is massive.

If sign ups are high the lobby will be friends only (PSN ohayoghurt), otherwise I'll leave it public to give randoms a chance to fill it in. I have an interested broadcaster set up and may stream my POV also, regardless of whether I race or not.

I don't know if user tags work the same way here as in other forums but I'll try to tag those who posted in the interest thread anyway: @GeekyDeaks @Gaz

EDIT: I may yet flex this to Sunday April 24 and/or move the race time an hour in either direction to better suit availability, but it's definitely happening this weekend or not at all.

Last edited:
I can do the sat. Also have a friend who is interested on the sat, but cannot do the sun. I'll send a PSN friend request and ask my buddy to do the same

I'm going to go ahead with Saturday then. The broadcaster isn't available so I'll just take up broadcasting duties myself. Expect the lobby to open about 45 minutes before the planned race time as I want to give players a chance to join in and also qualify for the race.

What car are you thinking of using @JayOTT ? I wanted to use an old M3 as it's a blast to drive, tail happy, throaty roar, whilst slamming up and down the gearbox, but I'm nearly 4 seconds slower than something modern like the VW scirocco :unsure:

I've got a 2014 Subaru WRX tune from the Nations Cup test season that I can carry over to this race with power and weight adjustments. Good speed and stability, might be a bit rough on the front tyres. I'm not sure if I run the race myself though as I did want to broadcast the event and if I'm racing it I can only show my POV. We'll see what the turnout is like. I will at least participate in the practice session beforehand either way.

Lobby is up now under the name of "Trial Mountain 30 laps throwback race". Need a few more to join really to make this worthwhile so I hope to see more of you soon.

EDIT: This never took off the way I hoped it did. We just did a 10 lap race so we could at least have something. I was hoping the public nature of the lobby would attract more randoms but even when I did the 10 lap lobby a lot of those who joined backed out before the race.

I know what I must do now; build up my own fanbase via streaming and doing well in the upcoming world series so that a few months from now, if I announce a league people will listen and be interested in it.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 273 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing