trees change color when i get closer to them

the trees change color when i get closer to them tried al graph settings nothing help to fix this can someone help with this problem please?

It's like a sort of popup like the view distance is not far enough.
but the tree is already there just gets darker in a popup

look aat this video at 10.18 to 10.22 the trees in the back on the right side

Last edited:
@bob76 . This bothered me greatly as well! We were up at the actual track last weekend and everything else on this track is done in such accurate detail, I couldn't understand why they would use dark trees with big green leaves, it just didn't look correct at all. Then I crashed on the esses and noticed that the lone tree there when close was a very good resemblance to real life. Then I noticed the trees changing (from dark to light) as I got closer to each one. Then the issue bothered me even more.

The issue 100% for me was the setting "FOLIAGE LOD QUALITY". This is under OPTIONS->SYSTEM->VIDEO->ADVANCED->FOLIAGE LOD QUALITY. For me at Bathurst I like at least a setting of HIGH. My original setting was VERY LOW, which gave me the dark trees thing.

I fooled around a bit with the BASIC setting of FOLIAGE, but I can leave it on LOW and its OK for me.

Hope this helps? and I hope your PC can handle the LOD quality setting change?

@bob76 . This bothered me greatly as well! We were up at the actual track last weekend and everything else on this track is done in such accurate detail, I couldn't understand why they would use dark trees with big green leaves, it just didn't look correct at all. Then I crashed on the esses and noticed that the lone tree there when close was a very good resemblance to real life. Then I noticed the trees changing (from dark to light) as I got closer to each one. Then the issue bothered me even more.

The issue 100% for me was the setting "FOLIAGE LOD QUALITY". This is under OPTIONS->SYSTEM->VIDEO->ADVANCED->FOLIAGE LOD QUALITY. For me at Bathurst I like at least a setting of HIGH. My original setting was VERY LOW, which gave me the dark trees thing.

I fooled around a bit with the BASIC setting of FOLIAGE, but I can leave it on LOW and its OK for me.

Hope this helps? and I hope your PC can handle the LOD quality setting change?
pc running the sim no probs 2080ti i7 8700k 16 gb ram

FOLIAGE is on epic but its still changing color should i lower it ??

@bob76 OK. For me its as simple as the one setting. Obviously its more than that though? I'm running VR, 1600 x 900. I have an old 16GB i7 4790K 1080 8GB system. Game settings as attached.
ACC 01.jpg

ACC 02.jpg

ACC 03.jpg

Thanks I will bump up the Foliage LOD quality in VR. I probably will now be more focused watching the quality of the trees and distance. I like also bloom quality on high or epic. I find during sunset and sunrise the lighting to be much better looking on the environment and cars. Thanks for the find though!

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years