Tree Textures flickering in GTL & Gtr2

I get some tree tree textures flickering on and off in the game. Does anyone have any idea what might cause this? And does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it? Thanks

I have those too. It seems to come and go, in one eport they flicker and without doing any tree-related changes they work. One thing i've had lately i s that GTR2 crashes to desktop like i have a faulty sized texture. I do a new export without changing anything and it works.. But back on-topic, i would like to know what causes that flicker too...

yes, tried various alpha and chroma transparency settings, so far only both on each face seems to work.
Im reasonably conviced that this has something to do with the graphics card driver, but i have updaded and back dated the driver without success so far.

Have you tried it just with chroma? I use, just that, every time without problem.

Same here, alpha is nicer but too expensive and you can have only some number of transparent textures at any time on one point on screen. The order gets screwed if there are too many so some of the foreground vegetation start to turn off... Chroma is different, it's 1bit so there can /basically) unlimited chroma textures at the same time...

My Graphics card is an nVidia 1 GB 9800 GT. This seems to be a somewhat common problem with the nVidia drivers, based on the little I've been able to piece together so far. I have distributed my current projet to about 10 people to test out, only one other person has mentioned having this texture flickering problem, he also has a older nVidia card ~ 9800 something with less memory. Its intresting to note that I had never seen this before until I had a major computer crash that screwed up several device drivers. I had to update my network card, the video and audio card divers. Once I got everything working agian I noticed the texture flickering. replacing the graphics card and updating the driver did not correct the problem. Changing the antialiasing settings in the device driver or game setup has not worked either. I have posted the problem in the nVidia fourm but have not gotten any responce. So far the double texture approach is the only thing that has worked so far. I'm still trying to find out what the actual sorce of the problem is.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back