Transmission

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new title came to my attention recently promising a curious mix of 1980's artwork, open world driving and European Truck Sim 2 esque gameplay... Transmission.

Set to release around Q1 2020, Transmission has been pitched by developer Sea Green Games as an atmospheric open world driving game, that relies on you as a small time courier to navigate through the various areas within the game world and deliver packages, earning more money, unlocking more garages and upgrading your 1980's era ride along the way. Now, if this sound all sounds a little familiar, then maybe you've played European Truck Sim 2 or American Truck Simulator recently... and let's be honest, those are very popular games.. so not a bad premise on which to start!

Transmission 3.jpg

The game is set to be based in 1986, so expect no electronic trickery in the form of SatNav and modern cars - this will be motoring in the old school way!

Tentatively scheduled for a Q1 2020 release window, the game already looks quite well polished even at this early stage, and should certainly make for a very interesting experience once it does finally hit the stores in just over 12 months time.

Transmission 1.jpg

Features
  • Explore an open world of open highways and sparkling skylines
  • Deliver packages for a cast of characters in story missions, or in unlimited procedurally generated missions
  • Upgrade your car from fixer-upper to lean muscle machine
  • Unlock new garages to take longer jobs and explore more of the world
  • Hire and manage drivers to build a business empire
  • Stream radio, MP3s, and podcasts on your car stereo
  • Photograph your journey with a range of lenses, filters and effects
  • Turn off missions and time limits with Endless Night mode
  • Let the car drive with the cruise control feature — for when you just want to soak up the vibes
Transmission 2.jpg

Transmission is set to release Q1 2020

Keep an eye out on the upcoming Transmission sub forum here at RaceDepartment to stay abreast of the latest news and developments for this exciting new title.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Aaaaaaand aparently it will focus on driving a SEAT Ibiza, you forgot to mention that :whistling:
Now on the topic, let's see how this evolve and, when it comes out, how it does against ETS2 and ATS.

Could we have screenshots of the game please? I mean there is a game somewhere under all that post-process, but very little of it can be seen.

1986. No GPS, can stream podcasts. My god, are you a sim or not!?

To people who were around back then (because I wasn't), is the premise of this title an actual thing that used to happen? Just driving around the country/continent doing the mailman's job?

I want this to turn out great, and I know these are early screens so I hope I'm wrong...but something tells me this will be more of a "millennial's fantasy vision of what the 80's was/should have been like" with the blocky trees, "that eternal 80's sunset" look and all the focus on driving selfies (complete with filters), and not a more realistic portrayal of what driving in the 80's was like, which would be more like ETS2/ATS with period correct scenery/cars/people and lack of any modern tech beyond a paper map and the radio stations they give you...for those who would dare drive something like this listening to Taylor Swift :confused:

(As to the millenial jab, I actually fall in the older segment of that generation :whistling: )

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 323 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.4%