Transmission

Great age to be in infancy, remember the rush from new titles back when
As you get older and new sim comes now it's Meh
For newcomers it is like......wow :)

We need a new MCO ( Motor City Online ) :x3:

1986. No GPS, can stream podcasts. My god, are you a sim or not!?

To people who were around back then (because I wasn't), is the premise of this title an actual thing that used to happen? Just driving around the country/continent doing the mailman's job?
Yes it was a thing to just go out and Cruise when you or your mates had gotten their drivers license for the first time. No internet so you had to actually go out to experience the World and meet people. :) Cruising and listening to Music was something we did a lot - even in the nights.

Not sure this will go well. Euro truck fans have a different mindset and driving slow, making deliveries requires patience which car and racing fans don't have. People will turn this to hot pursuit and ramming fest, cars crashing everwhere .....maybe they'll add a license or clean rating system :D

You're making deliveries all good and fine. You upgrade your car and get a hot girlfriend. Then you realize its all a setup and you've been delivering cocaine all around the city and just barely miss getting tangled in a bloody drug bust gone wrong. Now you are on the run from Miami Vice and the mob, but you think you can make a deal with the last 2 kilos you've got in your car, but first you've got to get to your girl before anyone else does. Time is running out. You better hit the road hard and shake the cops. It's going to be tough, but if you can live through it all. It will be one hell of a ride.

With very limited time to play, I find myself always over speeding in ETS. And if it was real life, I should have lost my driver's license a long time ago. :D:D That's why I stopped driving that and just ran AC or RF2 nowadays whenever I have time. I can imagine this title already, it should be fun if I can run away from police if I ran a red light. :laugh: Then I should just play NFS underground hehe. But the open world hype is so interesting! So I will be watching out for first impressions, in just over 12 months time. :thumbsup:

Yes it was a thing to just go out and Cruise when you or your mates had gotten their drivers license for the first time. No internet so you had to actually go out to experience the World and meet people. :) Cruising and listening to Music was something we did a lot - even in the nights.
I do that on a regular basis, and as I drive a 80s car... you could say I'm still living in the 80s :laugh:

To people who were around back then (because I wasn't), is the premise of this title an actual thing that used to happen? Just driving around the country/continent doing the mailman's job?

Yes. People that do that job are called "couriers." They existed long before the invention of the car, and still exist today. There are always things that need to be delivered immediately rather than waiting for the postal system, and without internet that could mean anything in the 80's, including letters/documents.

As for the game, I like the idea but the graphics are just awful. Ten minutes of that, in or out of VR, and I'd have a headache. Shame.

I would like to see more gameplay, because I won't go on the hypetrain just yet. We all love the 80's, but I need more than just a package delivery simulator to impress me.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%