Set to release around Q1 2020, Transmission has been pitched by developer Sea Green Games as an atmospheric open world driving game, that relies on you as a small time courier to navigate through the various areas within the game world and deliver packages, earning more money, unlocking more garages and upgrading your 1980's era ride along the way. Now, if this sound all sounds a little familiar, then maybe you've played European Truck Sim 2 or American Truck Simulator recently... and let's be honest, those are very popular games.. so not a bad premise on which to start!
The game is set to be based in 1986, so expect no electronic trickery in the form of SatNav and modern cars - this will be motoring in the old school way!
Tentatively scheduled for a Q1 2020 release window, the game already looks quite well polished even at this early stage, and should certainly make for a very interesting experience once it does finally hit the stores in just over 12 months time.
- Explore an open world of open highways and sparkling skylines
- Deliver packages for a cast of characters in story missions, or in unlimited procedurally generated missions
- Upgrade your car from fixer-upper to lean muscle machine
- Unlock new garages to take longer jobs and explore more of the world
- Hire and manage drivers to build a business empire
- Stream radio, MP3s, and podcasts on your car stereo
- Photograph your journey with a range of lenses, filters and effects
- Turn off missions and time limits with Endless Night mode
- Let the car drive with the cruise control feature — for when you just want to soak up the vibes
Transmission is set to release Q1 2020
Keep an eye out on the upcoming Transmission sub forum here at RaceDepartment to stay abreast of the latest news and developments for this exciting new title.
Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!