Physics Transferring engines created in Automation into Assetto Corsa

zephyrj_15

Premium
Hi all,

I've been playing around with the idea of being able to get Automation cars working in other racing games beyond BeamNG; after a bit of prototyping I have something working (at least on my computer) as a proof of concept for transferring engines into Assetto Corsa. I figured that if this was something I'm interested in then there's bound to be someone else who might find this concept interesting.

I don't have a resource to share on here as such as the tools are a collection of python code which isn't really viable as a single download but the GitHub repository containing all of the tools is here . There is a README on that project home page that you can follow through to get it working. It's very early days with it so there's likely to be plenty of bugs but I'm happy to try and help out if you encounter any problems; raise an issue and I'll take a look. I'm also very open to any changes/improvement suggestions as I'm by no means an expert in AC modding nor the real world mathematics behind it. This works at the time of writing but I know there is a large update coming to Automation so I anticipate needing to update it soon.

Hope you can have some fun with it :)

There's not really a whole lot of math on the AC side, if you can output wheel torque numbers (in newton metres) at each rpm you're set, write them to a file and reference that file in engine.ini.

Last edited:
There's not really a whole lot of math on the AC side, if you can output wheel torque numbers (in newton metres) at each rpm you're set, write them to a file and reference that file in engine.ini.
Yeah, the power.lut was the easiest part, particularly for N/A engines. I also have something working for Turbos which takes the boost into account but simulating the boost curve itself took a fair amount of scouring of the forums to get close; I'd still like to refine this element but with an update coming to turbos in the Automation game soon I think I'll hold off until that is in before making too many more changes.
The tricky bits have been calculating fuel consumption and coast curves; the former was made much easier once I found out about CSP's extended physics.
All the gory details are here

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years