Resource icon

Tracks Traffic layout for California Coast 2021-07-08

Login or Register an account to download this content
alekabul submitted a new resource:

Traffic layout for California Coast - Track day with AI for traffic and freeroam open world

View attachment 486301View attachment 486302View attachment 486314

Install and use: get the updated track from the link inside the zip, test it and verify it's working. Then drop all items from the 7z into "..\content\tracks\californiacoast\" and confirm the prompt. This is traffic for up to 17 AI cars but if using CSP and AI flood you may get better experience with ~10 cars (CSP v0.1.75 or newer is recommended). Or if you have...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks a lot for making a sharing this. I tried this track a couple (more?) years ago and it looked great but the performance was really poor. Do you know if the track has been optimised since?

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for making a sharing this. I tried this track a couple (more?) years ago and it looked great but the performance was really poor. Do you know if the track has been optimised since?
I made the corrections tor objects and materials transparency, LOD_OUT, as well as some additional models for the physics and water. Track runs as heavy on the CPU as before which is due to big number of draw calls from too many materials. I can try to bring those down without oversimplifying the appearance. Meanwhile if you have difficulties with the current track try to edit "models***.ini"
Code:
[MODEL_5]
FILE=paint_phy.kn5-
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0
and
Code:
[MODEL_8]
FILE=coll_phy.kn5-
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0
Also there's "auto-generated" config that loads from "..\extension\config\tracks\loaded" and contains among other things code that causes all objects to draw double-faced shadows which adds to the load. Try to get rid of that config which may require generally disabling auto-downloading of configs.

If I see improvement of track performance after some more editing I 'll post link to the updated one.

alekabul updated Traffic layout for California Coast with a new update entry:

Optimized track for performance, added 2 more pits and reverbs

View attachment 486549View attachment 486550

Inside the 7z is the link for download of the updated track. Everything is set to work fine so you may install it clean (removing the old first). Have a look into "..\extension\config\tracks\loaded\" and if there is "californiacoast.ini" - open it and remove all code, save it as empty dummy so auto-downloading from CM would not mess things up.

Read the rest of this update entry...

i downloaded the track but i cant load it
After you place "californiacoast" folder from "optimized californiacoast.7z" into "..\content\tracks\" you should see it among the others in the list and be able to load Track day to play with AI. Did you install it correctly? Try reopening the Content Manager to see the updated list of tracks.

Good mod, but can you make working replay cameras too?
Sorry mate, not my cup of tea. Cam-tool is terra incognita for me. Look around for the right guy and post a plea for cam replay. I agree that better cams (even static ones) will be more enjoyable. Or maybe try making the cams yourself - nothing can better meet your criteria than your own work. In the present days AC is all about self-service and many useful tools are available for free.

Last edited:
After you place "californiacoast" folder from "optimized californiacoast.7z" into "..\content\tracks\" you should see it among the others in the list and be able to load Track day to play with AI. Did you install it correctly? Try reopening the Content Manager to see the updated list of tracks.
it appears but when i "start the engine" it goes back to the menu

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing