Resource icon

Tracks Traffic and Race layouts for Daikoku with optional physics for paint and road surfaces 2021-07-01

Login or Register an account to download this content
alekabul submitted a new resource:

Traffic and Race layouts for Daikoku with optional physics for paint and road surfaces - AI lines for Track day or Race

The track "Daikoku" is one of the best compact urban maps in Assetto Corsa. Link to the author's drive for download of the latest v0.9.4 you will find inside the package. I also made the added layouts compatible with the older versions named "srp_daikoku".
View attachment 485115View attachment 485116
Install and use: have the track ready first and verify that it's working. The newer version needs CSP for decryption or gets all blue and undrivable. Then drop...

Read more about this resource...

Regarding the CSP AI Flood setting, is the syntax documented somewhere? I can sort of guess what each parameter is for, but why does each distance/range parameter accept two values? What's the difference between SPAWN_DISTANCE and SPAWN_RANGE?

Regarding the CSP AI Flood setting, is the syntax documented somewhere? I can sort of guess what each parameter is for, but why does each distance/range parameter accept two values? What's the difference between SPAWN_DISTANCE and SPAWN_RANGE?
The new syntax for AI flood in CSP v0.1.75 pr1 I had to guess by reading the contents of "..\extension\config\new_behaviour.ini". It has
Code:
[AI_FLOOD]
; AI flood (works in Track Day mode)
ENABLED=1 ; Active; 1 or 0
DEBUG_MODE=0 ;; hidden
MIN_TRACK_LENGTH=7000 ; Minimum track length (there is no need to turn it on on short tracks, just looks silly); from 1000 m to 13000, round to 500
HIDE_DRIVER_NAMES=1 ;; 1 or 0
PREFERRED_TYRES=Street, Street?, Semislicks, HR, Slick Hard ;; hidden
PUSH_FORCE=100000 ; Push force (gets newly spawned AIs to get to speed faster, but might cause damage to cars and result in broken cars on the side of the road); from 0 N to 250000
PUSH_SPEED=80 ; Push speed (gets newly spawned AIs to get to speed faster, but might cause damage to cars and result in broken cars on the side of the road); from 0 km/h to 120
MIN_DISTANCE_TO_AI=15 ;; hidden
X_OFFSET_MULT=0 ;; hidden
Y_OFFSET=0 ;; hidden
SHUFFLE_BEHAVIOUR=AUTO ; Shuffle behaviour (randomly limit throttle, speed, alter following distance for AIs on respawn to increase variety in behaviour; in automatic mode would affect only multi-lane traffic maps); ALWAYS, AUTO, NEVER; new
SHUFFLE_COLORS=1 ;; 1 or 0
TXDETAIL_NAMES=metal_details.dds, Metal_detail.dds, car_paint.dds, metal_detail.dds ;; hidden

SPAWN_MIN_DISTANCE_TO_PLAYER=400, 200 ;; hidden
SPAWN_DISTANCE=600, 300 ;; hidden
SPAWN_RANGE=200, 100 ;; hidden
SPAWN_DESPAWN=1000, 400 ;; hidden

; SPAWN_MIN_DISTANCE_TO_PLAYER=40, 20 ;; hidden
; SPAWN_DISTANCE=60, 30 ;; hidden
; SPAWN_RANGE=20, 10 ;; hidden
; SPAWN_DESPAWN=100, 40 ;; hidden

I also can't find any wiki page for the parameters. My guess for the two values on the parameters is the first is "distance on the spline ahead of player" and second - "distance on the spline behind the player", all in meters. "..RANGE" should define the variarion of the spawn spots and "..DISTANCE" - max distance for the spawn. The most influential parameter is "SPAWN_DESPAWN" which determines the frequency of spawning.

My guess for the two values on the parameters is the first is "distance on the spline ahead of player" and second - "distance on the spline behind the player", ...
That would be my guess as well. However, after the recent update AI spawning is no longer limited to the section of AI line you're on. A nearby section that's far away from you in the loop in terms of normalized position, such as the opposite lane on a two-way traffic layout, will also spawn traffic. So the concept of ahead/behind no longer apply.

I'll use some very high/low values to test. If it was indeed ahead/behind there should be a visible pattern.

Last edited:
That would be my guess as well. However, after the recent update AI spawning is no longer limited to the section of AI line you're on. A nearby section that's far away from you in the loop in terms of normalized position, such as the opposite lane on a two-way traffic layout, will also spawn traffic. So the concept of ahead/behind no longer apply.

I'll use some very high/low values to test. If it was indeed ahead/behind there should be a visible pattern.
There was opposite lane traffic also before the new CSP and I assume it's algorithm includes all splines within the defined spawn perimeter. You can see the effect of that on SRP multi-lane spline where the AI spawns on all lines in both directions in some places. The new in AI flood is the rate at which spawning is done - much more intensive which is partly due to the initial speed after landing of AI.

Increasing of values will make testing harder to evaluate. The smaller values with fewer AI cars will help you understand better what's working.

how can i make a race there and the AI will move. Now i can start a race but without racing line and the ai cannot move
Race is working well in "Daikoku Flat-out Loop" layout. The "Maze" is intended for "Track day". The newer CSP versions allow loading of any layout in any mode even when there is a problem with the line files. So if you are not getting AI to move you need to follow exactly the install instructions for this mod. Pay attention to the difference between "soyo" and "srp" versions of the track.

Last edited:
Hi, Im probably absolutly dumb, but can you write something like quick tutorial how to make traffic working? I copied and pasted everything into map folder, but I still dont have traffic, thank you for your help! :)

quick tutorial how to make traffic working?
If you did the install as I described then you are ready to drive with traffic on Daikoku. In Content Manager select "Track day", add ~ 10 different AI candidates and select "Daikoku Maze" as track. Opponent strength slider all the way to 100.

Recommended: in CM settings go to "Custom Shaders Patch", "New AI Behavior" and make sure it's "Acrive". Also "AI flood" set to "Active".

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 60 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.1%