Trading Paints

I could have swore that I had seen this somewhere on the forums, however I can't find it now. Someone had asked me what it was so I thought I would post it here.

Go to this site: http://www.tradingpaints.com/

Once there make an account (it's free)

You'll have to tie it to your iracing account so you'll need your account ID number. Not passwords or any other personal info. Basically if you make a custom skin you save it as your ID number, then people can see it if they are in a race with you.

Then you be able to get logged in and download the small program that makes it easy to choose a car with a dropdown menu, then download all the paints for said car. They get put exactly where they need to go and you don't have to do anything except wait for the downloads to finish. Then the next time you log into iracing and hop in a race with someone using a custom paint you'll be able to see it.

This is basically being put out there so when we get the Racedepartment skins for the club and leagues it will be easy to grab them for everyone that didn't know.

Thanks Joe, I went there last week and downloaded Lewis H's skin for my FW31, did what they said and put it in the correct folder for the williams, but blowed if I can see it when I drive it or watch a replay... did not download any program tho... I'll have an other butchers at the site.
George

George - it is important that the skin name matches your iRacing ID, this is either a 5 or 6 digit number. Look at your account settings and it should appear above your name.

In the paint folder under Williams FW31 make sure the skin you want to use is saved as your ID number.
e.g. 25607.tga

When you get out on track you should then see it if it has all been done correctly.

I wish Joe had posted this a couple of days ago ;-) I spent the other night getting my head round a few things. Fully downloaded all the FW31, Star Mazda and Lotus 79 skins so hopefully when I race in those races I will then be able to see all the beautiful skins that folk gave created.

Also downloaded Paint.net. In the Paint section of the iRacing forum someone has kindly uploaded all the car templates for playing with. The only one missing is the FW31 which I downloaded from here. With Paint.net you also need a mod to allow the program to open PSD files, which is easy enough to find.

Still tinkering with a skin for the Williams, but this side of the game has really opened my eyes and am looking forward to racing against some eye candy instead of all the bland colours.

You may want to look for GIMP which is an Open Source type of photoshop. Works just as well, I used it for skins before getting PS.

The early skins in my race Garage were made with it

http://www.racedepartment.com/race-skins/15664-willies-garage-7.html#post367248

George - it is important that the skin name matches your iRacing ID, this is either a 5 or 6 digit number. Look at your account settings and it should appear above your name.

In the paint folder under Williams FW31 make sure the skin you want to use is saved as your ID number.
e.g. 25607.tga

When you get out on track you should then see it if it has all been done correctly.

I wish Joe had posted this a couple of days ago ;-) I spent the other night getting my head round a few things. Fully downloaded all the FW31, Star Mazda and Lotus 79 skins so hopefully when I race in those races I will then be able to see all the beautiful skins that folk gave created.

Also downloaded Paint.net. In the Paint section of the iRacing forum someone has kindly uploaded all the car templates for playing with. The only one missing is the FW31 which I downloaded from here. With Paint.net you also need a mod to allow the program to open PSD files, which is easy enough to find.

Still tinkering with a skin for the Williams, but this side of the game has really opened my eyes and am looking forward to racing against some eye candy instead of all the bland colours.

Butch: Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead.
Ha ha Daz, nice one dude.
Now any of you mofo's move and I'll execute every last .........one of ya!

Well, aint got the Gimp out yet, but just had a wicked time thrashing around Lime Rock in the FW31 on a pracy session. Ended up 4th with a 38.xxx cant remember exactly...Still no Lewis livery on the jolly FWf, so that alone is costing me a good 3 tenths I recon... : P

Better go back to tradingoaints and see what it is that I aint got. Changed the number to my id no and still nada... boo.
(Bet Lewis is happy about it tho... )
George

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%