F1 2014 Traction Control Problems

F1 2014 The Game (Codemasters)
Am I the only one who has problems with the tc?
On Medium TC its really enjoyable, but without tc its horrible. The rear tires spin like hell and the AI i think has no Rear Spin. For example the last sector in Melbourne. I am so slow there, especially in the last corner because i spin everytime, in 4th gear, 5th, also in 5th gear.
I want to ask you if you have same problems or if you could give me some tips.

Greets René

Well people are playing with TC off so it must be possible. I think its just "practice makes perfect". You know what I mean man? It's up to you if you want to deal with it but the longer you play without it the better you'll get. One day it will just click on how to take that corner without spinning out. Think of how far you've come from when you first started playing the game to now. Watch Youtubers like Tiametmarduk and Aarva. I think they both play with TC off and watch how they take corners on the tracks you're having troubles with. Thats the best advice I can offer. Happy driving! :laugh:

Lean fuel mix into and out of corner, short shift until you no longer have wheel spin, then once you are in a higher gear put your car into a higher fuel mix for increased revs. Hope that helps you.

One of the many things I'm really enjoying in this year's game which is actually pretty accurate when compared to driving an F1 car from this year in real life is the amount of actual driving you need to do in the cockpit compared to previous years. The emphasis on getting good times out of your car is now very much determined by how you drive the car and your driving style.

Lean fuel mix into and out of corner, short shift until you no longer have wheel spin, then once you are in a higher gear put your car into a higher fuel mix for increased revs. Hope that helps you.

One of the many things I'm really enjoying in this year's game which is actually pretty accurate when compared to driving an F1 car from this year in real life is the amount of actual driving you need to do in the cockpit compared to previous years. The emphasis on getting good times out of your car is now very much determined by how you drive the car and your driving style.
The big problem for me is, that i have a g27 wheel and its difficult to change to fuel mix everytime because i only have 2 hands :D

Well people are playing with TC off so it must be possible. I think its just "practice makes perfect". You know what I mean man? It's up to you if you want to deal with it but the longer you play without it the better you'll get. One day it will just click on how to take that corner without spinning out. Think of how far you've come from when you first started playing the game to now. Watch Youtubers like Tiametmarduk and Aarva. I think they both play with TC off and watch how they take corners on the tracks you're having troubles with. Thats the best advice I can offer. Happy driving! :laugh:
I play with TC Off and it's manageable! Sort shift to dull the power and don't floor it coming out of corners!

I am having the problem in turn 3 of catalunya where I have to get off the throttle otherwise I rotate. There are many other corners like turn two and three at Bahrain where this also happens

Short Shifting helps a lot. I had the same problems, but now it is okay. Even with a gamepad. Try to drive the last corner in Australia as tight as possible and upshift exactly then when your wheels are almost spinning. Just needs some training.

All in all driving in F1 2014 is much more fun than it was in F1 2012 and 2013. Tire wear is really okay now.

Short Shifting helps a lot. I had the same problems, but now it is okay. Even with a gamepad. Try to drive the last corner in Australia as tight as possible and upshift exactly then when your wheels are almost spinning. Just needs some training.

All in all driving in F1 2014 is much more fun than it was in F1 2012 and 2013. Tire wear is really okay now.
I`m a person who always wants to win and that is my problem. I get depressive when i hear the tires spinning through the exit of the corner -.-

The biggest problem is that the AI have traction control on - Codemasters can deny this all they want, but it's as clear as daylight.

Luckily the AI are very slow in other sections, like fast corners, or under braking, so it evens out quite well.

However, in the rain, forget it. Then you're 4 seconds off no matter what. I just use TC when it's wet now. Learnt that lesson with 2011 and 2012 already.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 222 14.3%