Traction Control - general question

Hi, just a general question regarding TC and its usage.
I have recently started driving more GT cars and still discovering new things about them (never a big fan of) like 12-position TC switch. As a rule of thumb I switch off TC immediately in any car and just rely on my skills to learn/have more fun but with cars like Toyota Hybrid or 919 Hybrid it feels like it doesnt make any sense. With such power, cars like that seem to be designed with TC=ON in mind and it seem like I am fighting against the car rather than focusing on drive. Managed to pull 5.53 on Nordshleife Tourist with TC=off and then easily 5.47 with TC=1/12 so how is it in real life? Does using TC in real GT races is normal and I shouldnt try to swim upwards or best results are still achievable only with TC on?
Somehow it feels like these days with cars like Chiron or Jesko it is physically impossible to drive without electronic nannies, well - took me a while to do a clean lap in Huara with TC off and not end up spinning. Should I just accept and embrace it same as ABS and leave it on even on lowest setting?

penny for your thoughts :)

Traction control and ABS were both invented to improve performance. An algorithm can detect and correct slide faster and more accurately than a human can but does so without regard to the cars current situation. GT Cars are about utilizing that as best as you can in the right way. Laptime rules, if you are faster with max traction control then do that.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 291 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.6%