Tracks not available on RD?

I have found myself coming back to AC more often than not, and I must say that I am enjoying a lot of the mod content that's available. With my new rig and triples I am constantly being blown away by how far AC has come with CM and CSP. Before this year all I knew was the vanilla game with some tracks and cars and playing in the club races and doing the challenges. It's totally different now!

I have been trying to catch up on what's new and what's hot for AC, and I am loving some of the free content like the URD 911 RSR, the 488 Challenge EVO, the sound packs, etc. I have pretty much every popular track out there by lilski, jim, fat alfie, SRP etc. And they will last me forever and a day.

I was watching YT and came across the Reboot Team, which I am assuming is Jim Lloyd and some others, and followed some links to GTPlanet which introduced me to their amazing Macau Guia and Port Newark NJ tracks. So then I tried to see if they are available here on RD, but to my surprise they are not. Reboot's Daytona is here (AMAZEBALLS). But if you guys haven't tried Macau and Port Newark, you are in for a treat, they are equally amazing in detail, and visually stunning. Anyway, to my main point, I am assuming there must be some reason they are not here? And if so, what happened and would it be possible to add them here to the resources? Just wanted to share so no one misses out on these, but maybe I am just asking about what everyone already knows.

Cheers!

They aren't here because they are not original creations. They are all conversions from other games. For example Daytona is from Forza Motorsport 7, "Newark" is Lester from RF2, and Macau I think comes from Race07. RD rules dictate the upload must be original to the author or with permission from the original author (yes some sneak through the cracks). You are not likely yo get permission from another studio to convert their track. So the tracks become "black market" and if they do show up here they don't usually last long before they are taken down.

EDIT: the Daytona on RD by "reboot team" is not the same as the most recent one they release which is from Forza. The Forza one is more accurate.

They aren't here because they are not original creations. They are all conversions from other games. For example Daytona is from Forza Motorsport 7, "Newark" is Lester from RF2, and Macau I think comes from Race07. RD rules dictate the upload must be original to the author or with permission from the original author (yes some sneak through the cracks). You are not likely yo get permission from another studio to convert their track. So the tracks become "black market" and if they do show up here they don't usually last long before they are taken down.

EDIT: the Daytona on RD by "reboot team" is not the same as the most recent one they release which is from Forza. The Forza one is more accurate.

Oh wow that I did not know, thanks for clarifying this fact!

They aren't here because they are not original creations.
<snip>
RD rules dictate the upload must be original to the author or with permission from the original author (yes some sneak through the cracks). You are not likely yo get permission from another studio to convert their track. So the tracks become "black market" and if they do show up here they don't usually last long before they are taken down.

Wow, didn't know that neither. Thanks for info!

Recently I was thinking of a post how to 'fill in the gaps' at RD, since I have ~200 free AC car mods and ~350 free AC track mods from all kind of download resources, plenty not availably at RD download secion.
My goal was to share the joy for all AC simmers at a central place, planning to do some online server stuff with lesser known but high quality AC mods. And RD came first to my mind :)

But immediately I ran into trouble: most of the packed mod files on my NAS drive misses a info text file of who to credit, so that was a show stopper itself I thought.

I remember GTR2 mods at nogripracing and rFactor mods at rfactorcentral, almost every packed mod included info about original authors and authors of the conversions. Or at least they were mentioned in the loading screen.

So a reminder to all the excellent modders: Remember to include a text file in the packed file, crediting yourself and your team, preferable with some valid contact info ;)
Yes I know at RD the author(s) are visible at the RD download section itself, but not in the packed files. And must admit I forget from which site I download mods, glancing through my NAS drive.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 305 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years