Tracks AI parameters

No, don’t think there are any tutorials, but it’s not overly complicated.

When you add an AI hint entry, like the ones you seen in an ini, you need to specify a START and END location for that hint to take effect. To get those location numbers, you can load the track in the kseditor and load it’s ai spline. By clicking on the spline, you will see the numbers you need.

The hint itself, you can play around with the numbers while having the AI do laps with your car. Just alt-tab, in and out of the game while making the adjustments!

Hi maybe there is a tutorial on tracks parameters in ai_hints ?

i found BRAKEHINT parameter and DANGER parameter ... how to use them ?
My AI works perfectly even in the most complicated circuits such as Monaco and Macau. And there is no need to use brakehint and danger parameters. The only parameter i use is "hint" (hint_0, hint_1, etc), in order to slow down the AI in the most complicated areas, or to speed up if the AI is too slow in a fast corner (i had to do it at Paul Ricard for example), and that's it.

Last edited:
Interesting. I was eager to improve AI line at Paul Ricard but i'm also a bit lost with how hints thing is working. Care to elaborate a bit more ? :) ( Or maybe even share your AI line for Paul Ricard :) )

My AI works perfectly even in the most complicated circuits such as Monaco and Macau. And there is not need to use brakehint and danger parameters. The only parameter i use is "hint" (hint_0, hint_1, etc), in order to slow down the AI in the most complicated areas, or to speed up if the AI is too slow in a fast corner (i had to do it at Paul Ricard for example), and that's it.

May you please tell me more about that? Do you use HINT_0 in AI_HINTS file ? And with with which parameters?

May you please tell me more about that? Do you use HINT_0 in AI_HINTS file ? And with with which parameters?

This is my hint file for Monaco(ac track reboot version).

[HINT_0]
START=0.045
END=0.080
VALUE=0.8

[HINT_1]
START=0.190
END=0.260
VALUE=0.9

[HINT_2]
START=0.390
END=0.420
VALUE=0.8

[HINT_3]
START=0.590
END=0.640
VALUE=0.6

Start and End are the coordinates where the AI will slow down or speed up according to the value you choose.

Default value is 1.0, if the AI is crashing or spinning out in a corner, use 0.9, 0.8, 0.7 or 0.6(no sector at any circuit needs less than 0.6) until the AI stops to crash. If the AI is too slow in a fast corner, set value to 1.1.

Use the AI line helper app to see the track coordinates and define the hint zones.

Remember to define correct side and racing lines before to set the AI hints.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back