TrackMania Stadium: Beta released, Steam included

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
The newest addition to the TrackMania line, Stadium, has been released in Open Beta. The new section of ManiaPlanet will be accessible by everyone for free, but not all the features will be available. Contrary to some reports (which I must have read a few), it would seem that at least for the time being, TrackMania 2 Stadium will not be the free to play mode we may have/were expecting.

Yet, the game is largely a re-vamp of TM Nations Forever. The car and skins are the same, but thats where it starts to end. Yes, many blocks in the editor are no different, but then Nadeo have also gone and made new tracks and heavily upped the graphics. Even on my computer, which has the graphics ability of a potato, it is clear to see. At a higher framerate, the car and driving looks amazing, but even on the lower framerate, it is far and beyond the similar framerate on Nations.

The HUD is new, so playing online can be a bit weird at first as you find where the important bits are, but otherwise online playing is (thankfully) no different and also there is no Freezone that some may have encountered on Nations.

And finally, Ubisoft announced that Trackmania and Shootmania (and no doubt all that follow), is now available on Steam, bringing the wider online community into the TM fun.

I must say I can be a bit of a Scrooge, I have intentions to get games but am in no capability to get them normally, while others I don't bother to give my money away. But for the £8 that this will sell for, I think I'll make an exception.

[youtube]

TrackMania² Stadium is the comeback of the « Stadium » environment enjoyed by millions of players with TrackMania Nations Forever, this time as part of the ManiaPlanet environment allowing for improved services around the game, better graphics and powerful track editor.

TrackMania² Stadium is a whacky, crazy and fast paced take on the racer genre. Easy to get in thanks to a very pure gameplay, Stadium’s depth made it an eSports favorite for years, and brings the creative gamers to the mix thanks to its extensive level editor.
View the Post on the Blog

'Even on my computer, which has the graphics ability of a potato, it is clear to see.'

This made my day, I love you.

I'm a huge fan of the Trackmania series (ever since TM Sunrise) and Stadium is fantastic. I didn't play it for about half a year since I was getting so bored of it, until I bought TM2 Stadium two days ago. So far, I'm loving it. It feels so familiar yet new at the same time! I've grown out of FullSpeed tracks by now (I've been in different FS clans for 5 years now) and I'm currently enjoying some dirt and tech tracks. I'm eager to find out what Valley will be like as well, hopefully we'll get some news on that in the near future.

I love tm2 so far. The reflections have definitely improved, aswell as a revamped "Cam 2", although many players don't like it. I think for full release it will be Cam4. But hopefully Nadeo push this game more in the competitive scene and get more LANs noticing Trackmania! :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%