TrackIR

Hey guys, does anyone use TrackIR? I also fly flight simulators and thought about getting it for those games. Do you find it helpful in evo? I imagine it's pretty awsome IF you can even use it with this game.

I picked up TIR about the same time Evo arrrived. It's been in constant use, it really makes entering slow corners much more natural than any view adaptation. Makes looking over/up to a mirror easier. I find giving a glance to the side to see if someone has closed during braking is a bit much to do.

It's great for checking pit lane before pulling out to make sure no contact will be made.

My head moves much less than when flying Falcon4 with it but when driving it's the being able to focus on the point down the road that really matters. As that point shifts closer for a corner, the movement is really not much, happens slowly and one might think that TIR is uselsss as you don't really notice that you're doing it, but that's not true! It's more like in real life.

I don't have mine set for too much roll, fore/aft or high/low. Others might use more.

I built myself a freetrack (http://www.free-track.net/english/) unit for about $5. It works pretty well, but like eric, I found it a bit distracting. I understand you get used to it though.

Same for me. Build something for use with free-track (just for fun). Technically it worked well but until I get a force feedback chair with G-force simulation the screen is the only source for information about what the car is doing. To catch a spinn I need to notice the little abnormal movments quite early and this is not possible with my shaky head ;)

I got it for christmas, it's awesome kit. Works best in ArmA(2) and rFactor and I'm told it is perfect for Flight Sims, so much so that the community swear by it. You can zoom into the knobs and look around the cokpit and press the swicthes unreachable by default. In ArmA you can look around you as you are on patrol, to help immersion (in a not so immersive game). You can stay with your ironsighst marked on an enemy soldier, as you look to your side to wait for your men to get into position.

In racing sims, it hasn't peaked yet. In GTRE/Race 07, there are these little limitaions when you turn your head so far the camera just stops. It gets a little annoying and you can't see completely to your side. In rF, there are no limitations, so you can turn your head as far in the game as in real life. This is great in netKarPro for the same reason as the flightsim, you can get around the cokpit and press the switches easier (I like the whole buttons and switches system) but the limitations are woeful in nKP, you can only turn about 10 degrees and it stops. As far as I can tell, it doesn't make you faster, and it can takle time to get used to and you may be slower, but it frees up buttons and makes looking around alot smoother and easy so you dion't lose focus. It also helps when drivers are passing you, I swear by it as you can see where the drivers are easier (unless there's a blindspot, like the Cats).

You can get TIR4 cheaper now with the 5th version out, but even the 5th is cheap enough considering the tech. Itis good value. More and more games are adopting it, but it all depends on what games you play and what you want from TIR. Just to note, it will take time to change the settings to your preference, and some games like Race 07 done support it as well as other game, and you will need the hotkey to centre it after a couple of laps. Still, no biggie. With the newer sims, they will support TIR better I hope.

Hope this helps :)

I have tested it a few times and i find it one of the most annoying inventions in simracing history. It doesnt feel natural at all to me. But thats pure personal preferences since it seems that many use it.

I'll pass.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 302 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing