TrackIr with rFactor 2

I am thinking of using TrackIr with rf2 for better immersion effect. I have a 27 inch monitor. Does anybody have any thoughts about the value and efficiency of this product?

The quality is ****, it's not RF2 and it goes on a bit, but you get the idea. This is why I love trackIR, able to look around and get involved in the enviroment

tbh, I have tried many of the alternatives from time to time. None of them are a patch on the the TrackIR camera.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I didn't get on with it, primarily because I can't sit still. My head moves around too much and I can't stop doing it. Immersion was good, but the feeling of turning my head, whilst keeping my eyes on the monitor was strange. I tried it for quite a while, but I was slower. Some people say it's more intuitive with triple monitors though. Personal taste IMO. I'd try a free version first, or buy used so that you can resell without losing much if necessary.

Upvote 0
Packed my track ir away ,uninstalled all my sims,threw my pedals in the bin,feel awesome.
CH hotas boxed and stored away,no more buying crap,just me and my gamepad.

Going to uninstall Star Citizen now,will play that when the one player campaign is ready in 2213.

Upvote 0
Been using trackir with a 34 inch ultrawide monitor and thought that was amazing... Recently upgraded to a 49 inch super ultrawide curved 3840x1080p....
Now my trackir experience is ABSOLUTELY amazing! Now when I turn my head to look at apex or check whos beside me, its MUCH more natual feeling. I've always recommended trackir with at least 34 inch ultrawide monitor. Anything smaller might give you headaches and neck strain because you are turning your head away from the screen, while your eyes are straining to look at the screen. Trackir so underrated, ultrawide (34 inch minimum) makes trackir really shine

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years