TrackIR users: have you been able to disable head shake?

I've been using Real Head Motion for as long as I can remember, but recently decided to give TrackIR a try in order to have smoother view panning. I use TIR for flight sims so it seemed a natural step to try in AC too.

However, I've now tried it and realized/remembered that since TIR and RHM can't be run at the same time, without RHM AC defaults to a camera shake effect where the world shakes rather than the car -- and I find this effect incredibly disorienting.

Have any of you TIR users found a way to completely disable this camera shake? I'd prefer not to use 'lock view to horizon' as I don't want the crazy up/down panning when going up/down hills.

I use TrackIR. But I must admit, I don’t and never have had any problems with camera shakes or global shakiness. I set my adjustments conservative and find that using cockpit mode things are rather pleasant.
I cant really expand on that as even when this was mentioned when we were racing on the Nordschleife I just couldn’t see what the problem was. Am I missing something? I like movement in the cockpit but not too much. Enough to be ‘real’ as I have been passenger in a brand new Aston Martin that was a prototype for GT3 so needed a passenger seat for a guy with a laptop. So I base my settings on that. I did a lot of miles !

The basic principle of RHM is that when driving, your eyes automatically compensate for the bouncing and shaking they are subject to, and can remain steadily focused on any given point on the road; thus what you get is a cockpit view where the cockpit shakes but the external world remains mostly still.

AC by default works the opposite way: the cockpit stays mostly still while the external world bounces and shakes. Coming from RHM, having the view out the cockpit so unsteady is really jarring and almost nausea-producing. The ‘lock camera to horizon’ option is intended to get around this, but has the very disadvantageous drawback of skewing your view excessively when going up or down an incline.

So basically what I’m looking for is a way to replicate what RHM does, but without using RHM since it can’t be used at the same time as TrackIR.

I figured others who use TIR, or any other kind of head tracking device for that matter, may have faced the same dilemma and figured out a solution.

More than a year after, this still hasn't been addressed. If you use Trackir, the whole world will shake no matter what settings you check except for "lock horizon", which in turn will create problems when running on banked tracks like old Monza 10k. Tried with CM "Neck FX" option, but wasn't able to cure the shakiness. :"(

These settings make all things better to an extent.

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    127.2 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back