TrackIR on the fritz

Track IR has been working great up till early this week. All of a sudden, no changes to PC software, hardware or sims, and the view with it is constantly erratically "jittering". It still follows movement, just jumps all over the place. It's at a point where I "can" drive with it but I'll get a headache and make more than my usual number od driving errors. It's almost like driving behind someone with "lag", lol!

As soon as I take the clip off the hat, I get the normal view. I've shut all light from the room, checked for any other reflections, reloaded the software with updates, looked at my TrackIR settings for filtering/smoothness stc and all is normal, nothing makes it better or worse.

I drive much better with it, you'll appreciate it when we're on track together so help me get my TrackIR back!
Thanks!

Hi Dennis - as you probably remember I don't have track IR but use freetrack - the behaviour you describe sounds most like if a different profile or set of respomse curves were being loaded, but you say you have checked settings so I assume that no profile changes within the track IR software have been made, a few other possibles then ?
Lag - I mean lag between the software as well as the hardware - have you changed or added any peripherals, sometimes even plugging something in a different usb socket can have odd effects, as if one thing takes a different priority over another? Simalar with software - is there anything new running thats affecting how fast the info gets to the game?
Dirty or damaged sensors/Infra red LED's - dirt or grease on either shouldn't affect function as much as you describe, an LED thats intermittently flashing on and off could (you can test infra red LEDS using a digital camera or camra phone - they show up in a darkened room a sort of purple glow - go on try it with your TV remote), a misaligned LED could also cause problems (but it would need to be quite out of line).
Can't think of any others, hope you sort it out.
Dave

I had the same prob. Solved it by unplugging it and plugging it in again. So it resetted itself. Anothertime, I had a problem I uninstalled it and reinstalled the trackIR software.

But normally plug out, plug in does the trick.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 301 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%