TrackIR, FaceTrackNoIR in Racer [Head Tracking]

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has success on this. In the FTN folder, there's a csv file indicating Racer is working with head tracking.

FTN short for FaceTrackNoIR, is a solution that gives the possibility to anyone to use their webcam for head tracking. It is based on 1 of the best worldwide known set of libraries used by governments, companies & INDIE...called OpenCV short for Open Computer Vision. Lots of usable free algorithms could be used for Racer for other purposes too.

So, I tried modifying & testing the new camera settings for my car with head {} as found in the default car.ini file. Nothing seems to move ingame when moving my head. I used the RC6 version.

Please give it a shot as most racing games work out-of-the-box.

I know somehow I could map the numerical pad keys for moving the ingame inside car camera directly to the head tracker but I haven't found a solution yet. Maybe some other protocol ?

On Surround Systems, this is PURE SIMULATION, as you don't need to cover yourself with all kind of gadgets, so you get the best world of all technologies, like the DK2, TrackIR just with your webcam & all this just for free. (consider you can use your smartphone as a webcam)

Please do some test & share results,
Thanks

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back