Track will not load in rFactor

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to Bob's Track Builder and I have just had a small problem that I have not been able to figure out.
I created a very simple track, a rectangle, with a tarmac infield. I kept it simple because I am just creating an SCCA style Autocross course and just need an open flat space to place cone objects. Also, I am using rFactor to run this track with.
I placed cones to create a track and tested it out multiple times as I was creating it to make sure it worked and had no problems, but when I tried the finished track, it took the program a longer time than normal (about 3-4 minutes) to export when it was normally done within 20 seconds. It was loaded to rFactor, but when I tried to open the track the rFactor program just crashes. I tried going back through and deleting multiple objects and anything I had added since the last time I tested the track, but this still keeps happening. I have just been using the cones that come with the program and I haven't added any textures or anything like that to this point.
If there is anyone who may be able to provide some insight it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You,
Formula SAE at IUPUI

First, i think it would be helpful when you try to open rFactor in a windowed mode. In rFactor config.exe you can change the attributes to lets say, 800x600 32 bits. Then try to open your track. Sometimes it gives you a popup with a warning message.

If it crashes straight away to desktop, then it is possible that it is a corrupted export. Did you try to export the track more than once?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back