track widths

what is the standard width of a BTB track?

when i lay the ruler across a track it almost measures a 18 meters/60ft...

Also i started with the project "Hondsrug-Ring" a few weeks ago. After i imported the track from out Google Earth, it feels like the track is shorter than the info shows. (24.002m)

Default width is 10 meters. To create a 18 meters track you only need type 1.8 into width modifier box.

Beucause of the length of your track (24 km) You also have to consider the effects of spherical Earth and the mismatching/skewness of aerial photos in Google Earth. Dont trust too much in those measurements.

I suggest you to force the scale in order to match 24.02 meters by using BTB's "Resize Track" feature .

at my site www.hederahelix.nl/hondsrugring i uploaded a video of the track. the quality is low, but at 23min 30 i enter the village of Buinen. When i look at the length of the straight underneath the viaduct towards the righthander, it is much longer than the straight i have in the BTB track. And the lenght of the track is indeed 24.002meters. But i keep in mind that i placed the viaduct a bit too much towards the north.

I still have the kml file and I will import the kml file again into BTB, to look if i did something wrong.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back