Kyalami imo the least fun track as there is no flow to this track, no soul.
Would have been a draw between Bathurst and Suzuka, i chose Suzuka cause its more iconic on a global stage and nothing on that track has really changed ever, just shows what a timeless masterpiece it is.

Kyalami is a fun track but it is not great imho. Some of the corners are not bad but not great either and it is also by far the least natural of the bunch. And feels a bit too chicaney the way a some of the corners connect to each other. In some ways it reminds me of barber or even bilsterberg which look great on paper but I never really liked them. Bathurst is a great track with lots of unique corners but for me driving it I never really quite liked it as much as I thought I would. It follows the natural surroundings, it has great elevations and variety of corners but for me it doesn't feel more than the sum of its parts. It has certain level of frustration to it that for me makes it more of a constant near death experience than a rewarding challenge. Laguna seca I don't really like that much. Long slow corners or just long corners. Can't feel g-forces in sim either so the corkscrew feels more like a chicane.

Suzuka however is a complete masterpiece. It works pretty well in all kinds of cars and it has many amazing and different kind of corners. Even the hairpin is amazing corner because of the way the corner entry and braking points add challenge to it. Turn 1 is amazing with super fast entry and the double apex bliss that follows it. Just amazing fun in all cars. The esses are legendary and the uphill left that follows is surprisinly technical and requires precision and courage. The degner curves are a test of car control. The first can be taken really quickly if you get your line right and get your pedal inputs smoothly done. If you get it wrong you also mess up the next tighter right hander which makes you a victim going into the hairpin.

The right handers after the hairpin are fine but not that special. However the spoon curve is another classic. Just super fun. Once you start getting it right it is just so rewarding when you get it right. It is two corners one after another. Just the braking into spoon is better than some other tracks as a whole. Getting the turn in just right for the second corner, rotating the car just right... the rear rotates just enough so you can drive the car out of the corner. And it is always good racing into the last corner of the track. Sadly it is a chicane but getting a good exit out of the chicane is still good fun. All of that flows really really well together and every corner can be taken little differently. Fun, rewarding, has tons of variety, works in all kind of cars, has elevation changes, technical corners, fast kinks, slow corners, blind corners, double apex, single apex, tightening corners, corners that open up, constant radius corners, different cambered corners. It doesn't just have little bit of everything but it also does all of it really really well and is more than sum of its parts. It even has an overpass!

For actual racing , I too have to go with Kyalami...closely followed by Suzuka and then Laguna Seca.
In terms of hotlapping and getting a sense of satisfaction after even one lap without clouting the wall...Bathurst wins.
I was running an NSX there a few weeks back and found myself unconsciously holding my breath on the downhill section after sky.
You go through there always on the limit and very close to some unforgiving walls.
The concentration is intense.

With Bathurst it all depends on what you're looking for.
It's admittedly a fun track, but throw in a bunch of hyper-competitive sim-racers, and I predict carnage.

Don't know Kyalami very well. Raced it maybe 2-3 times, so that one's out.

Which leaves Suzuka and Laguna Seca.
IMO Suzuka has been done to death (along with Spa), so Laguna Seca it is.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back