Track time (Lap)

J

jocalabrese

• jocalabrese

Hi, i have a problem with my track, i have create an hillclimb race, but don't go the time on rfactor...

Where is the problem?

PS: Have assigned start and finish line

• buckets

Are sectors 1 and 2 passed through on the track? If not timing doesn't work.

I.e you must go finish (start) sector 1, sector 2, finish to achieve a time.

Don't know if this helps...

I don't do any open ended tracks, but when I build a closed circuit laps, the lap time for me starts once i have finished the 1st lap.

Later, once I have moved on to set-up the AI, it seems to correct itself.

Have you set up the AI?

• jocalabrese

don't have set nothing AI.
Have a screen with the point

3369690035_b1dbbf85b6_b.jpg

3370512858_aca15450d3_b.jpg

3369690567_3ab394a178_b.jpg

3370513308_abfc852bbc_b.jpg

3369690991_ea3f00e745_b.jpg

PS: how do I set the AI?

I wish I could copy the explaination I had @ RSC.

In order to rF to start timing, you must complete a valid "out lap". A valid "out lap" consists of passing first through an instance of Xsector1, then through an instance of Xsector2. When you pass through the instance of Xfinish timing will start. The trick to getting timing to start at the beginning of a Point to Point track is to use multiple "MeshFile=" references under each Instance. Like this code from an scn file:

Code:
Instance=Xfinish
{
  Render=False Change=False 
  MeshFile=XFinish01.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False 
  MeshFile=XFinish.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False 
  Response=VEHICLE,TIMING
}
Instance=Xsector1
{
  MeshFile=xsector1.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False
  MeshFile=XSector1001.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False  
  Response=VEHICLE,TIMING
}
Instance=Xsector2
{
  MeshFile=xsector2.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False 
  MeshFile=XSector2002.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False  
  Response=VEHICLE,TIMING
}
"Xsector1001.gmt" is a dummy object used to pass the first test of the "out lap."

"Xsector2002.gmt" is a dummy object used to pass the second test of the "out lap."

The "XFinish01.gmt" is actually where the timing starts.

The rest of the the timing planes are pretty straightforward: actual sector times, and a finish line.

Be forewarned that bad things will happen if your car collides with more than one timing plane at a time. So space out the dummy timing planes so that you cannot hit 2 at a time, 20m seems to be safe.

As long as you pass through the planes in the correct order rF will click off lap times. Obviously, when running a race with this method you will want more than just 1 lap for the race laps setting. If you wanted to, you could run a race in any session.

This setup is designed more for rally, where cars leave one at a time at designated intervals. There is another method with slight derivation, that is used for drag tracks. The drag method is good for 1 lap races racing head to head. I've run multiple rallies with this method, and we are about to run a sort of psuedo Isle of Man. (check out speedracin.net for updates & details) The admin that I help with these events has written a custom script to parse the results for scoring, which he usually feeds into a "live" results page on the web, and if you are going to run in sessions other than raace, you will probably need some sort of script. I'm tired now and rambling so here's a WTR::chuck:

-lp

Here's a picture in case my words were as clear as mud.

Ah, I see where you might have problems working exclusively in BTB.
You are going to need a work around. That is easy enough.

The quickest way to do this is with 2 exports, some file renaming, and a text editor.

1) Go into the "Edit Start/Finish Positions"

2) Set up your timing as follows:

3) Export your track. I used "Track01" as the track name.

****On the export screen make certain that the "Clear Folder" box is unchecked****

Export.

4) Navigate to "X:\rFactor\GameData\Locations\BobsTrackBuilder\Track01"

5) Find xfinish.gmt and rename it to xfinish01.gmt

6) Find xsector1.gmt and rename it to xsector1001.gmt

7) Find xsector2.gmt and rename it to xsector2002.gmt

You now have the 3 "dummy" objects you need to get timing working. As long as they were placed correctly when you exported them they will be placed

correctly when you add the references into the scn file. You might want to keep these someplace safe, just in case you check the clear folder button.

You can now go back and reposition the XS1, XS2, and XF to where they normally would be on the track (33%,66%, 5m from end).

When you are all done building your track:
8) Do the final export
9) Navigate to "X:\rFactor\GameData\Locations\BobsTrackBuilder\Track01"
10) Open the "Track01.scn" with a text editor, and add the "Meshfile=" references to the appropriate instances, Save and you are done.

Code copied here for convenience:
Code:
Instance=Xfinish
{
  MeshFile=XFinish.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False
  MeshFile=XFinish01.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False
  Response=VEHICLE,TIMING
}
Instance=Xsector1
{
  MeshFile=xsector1.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False
  MeshFile=XSector1001.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False  
  Response=VEHICLE,TIMING
}
Instance=Xsector2
{
  MeshFile=xsector2.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False
  MeshFile=XSector2002.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False  
  Response=VEHICLE,TIMING
}
enjoy
-lp

Open ended tracks dont work in rfactor. It needs to be a closed loop. rFactor use the same checkpoint for the Start and Finish line. If you had a way to exten your start/finish line from one end of the track to the other end without crossing any other part of the track that might work.

Open ended tracks don't work in rfactor. It needs to be a closed loop. rFactor use the same checkpoint for the Start and Finish line. If you had a way to extend your start/finish line from one end of the track to the other end without crossing any other part of the track that might work.

That is FALSE information, open ended tracks work in rF. Timing needs a bit of a work around to get working properly. (See my post above.)

short:
rFactor throws the flag for the timing Instance regardless of what mesh defined in that Instance is collided with. For each Instance you need to reference multiple meshes in each of the 3 Timing Instances (Xfinish, xsector1, xsector2) for a point to point track to have working timing.

yo no consigo que me marque los tiempos en el tramo que estoy realizando, sigo las instrucciones de renombrar los xfinsh y xsector, pero me da error, no acabo de entender bien como va el tema, porque cuando renombras los xfinish y xsector los originales deben permanecer o son substituidos?, y cuando habla que una vez renombrados ya puedes volver ATRAS y situar los xf y xs, a que se refiere con volver atras?al BTB? porque luego dice que vuelvas a exportar, la verdad esta confuso, si hubiera alguien que pudiera explicarlo con mas detenimiento seria genial

un saludo

Looks like Spanish.

Google is my b!+(#

[h=3]Spanish to English translation[/h]
I can not get the time I check the section that I am doing, I follow the instructions and rename xfinsh xsector, but it fails, I fail to understand as it's all about, because when xfinish and rename the originals should xsector remain or are replaced?, and when he speaks once renowned and can go back and place the xf and xs, referred to back? the BTB? it then says that re-export, the truth is unclear if there was someone who could explain with more detail would be great

greetings

The first exported files should remain in the track folder. IIRC there was an option to clear the track folder prior to export, make sure that is disabled.

Obviously when you reset the postions for the planes in BTB there would be no way to keep the originals on export. Because those planes are only named a certain thing in BTB the second time you export the track you would overwrite the first versions. Something needs to be done. The easiest thing to do is rename the gmts so they don't get overwritten.

If all 6 timing gmts are in the track folder when you are done with BTB you are all set to add the entries to the scn.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 279 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 191 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.5%