Track Texture Issues

I appear to be having texture issues with the tracks I am making. In between each material in the corners, I am getting lines as seen below (may be a little hard to see without zooming in). These lines seem to become more intense when you lower the graphics. Any suggestions?

yBhyeRP.png

Yeah that was my first thought. But after checking they all look fine. I was thinking it could possibly be the bump map? But I removed the outsides of the bump map and resized it and it was still there. What I have seen improvements with is the below. It doesn't cancel it out actually. It just makes the line lighter.

64f0ib9.png

Last edited:
All track to track texture joins are exactly the same. Easing in visibility slightly on the straights. There appears to be no issues elsewhere (track to infield for example).

The 'panels' were created in the same way shown in this video (
).

Has got me fairly stumped. Has to be something I'm doing or not doing because it is occurring on every track I create.

Have you checked the offset values? I think X is horizontal but make sure they're both 0.

If your source image uses layers, there could be a size issue. If the canvas size is 512x512 but you have a layer that has been offset so that it exceeds the canvas size, the exported dds image may no longer be the right size. You may not get an error message but you won't get mip maps.

Yeah offsets are both set to 0.

Think I'm going to put this in the "deal with it" basket unfortunately.
Perhaps readdress the issue once I've completed my level design unit at uni.

Thanks everybody for your help.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing