Track suggestion for the '90s

I'm working on running a 1991 F1 series mirroring the real season and cannot find Phoenix, which was the first race that year. So I've been looking for a replacement. I found San Francisco as a possible replacement on the ISR site, but it runs at seven FPS! Normally, I get around 80 FPS on triples on an R9 380. Since I can't seem to find an adequate street replacement, I thought I'd look for a track I "could call home." Watkins Glen and Road America were the first choices, but both of those tracks have some serious issues. At the Glen there is an invisible "thing" in the first turn that you can hit and seriously damage your car (I got on top of this thing last night and my wheels were off the ground). At Road America the AI never seem to pass each other and if they are side by side going down the home stretch, they will inexplicably stop at the start/finish line for no reason. What would you recommend as a good U.S. replacement for Phoenix that could also be used as a "home" test track? As a home track, I'm leaning away from a city track and looking more at a permanent road track.

I'm having the same issue really. I've converted rF1 Phoenix and wow is it incredible in these cars... always was I guess.

It's no good as it is though, needs a lot of work. If I make decent progress, I'll look at releasing it.

There are a few Road America's released. Which one are you using?

So in the meantime, while waiting for these US classics, I've used RaceRFactor's Suzuka, Hungaroring, and ISI's Sao Paulo for period circuits. In Gerhards McLaren, I had an incredible race at Hungary, so no problem highly recommending that one. They've all had minor changes over the years, so it's best of a bad situation right now I'm afraid. Still...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back