Track skins not showing up?

Shumanator

Premium
So installed a custom skin for the KS Nurburgring and its not showing up in CM. I've done the drag and drop method and the manual unpack method, no mater what, CM says no skins to be found.

Last edited:
So installed a custom skin for the KS Nurburgring and its not showing up in CM. I've done the drag and drop method and the manual unpack method, no mater what, CM says no skins to be found.
Don´t know if thats helpfull, cause i am not using CM, but a 100% sure method to get a skin work is creating a skins/default folders inside the track and putting the "skin content" into the default folder.

Are you really 100% certain it's in the right folder? assettocorsa\content\tracks\ks_nurburgring\skins\cm_skins\*skin name*, in that folder there should be .dds files. If it's correct.

Also are you picking the right Nürburgring? GP-Strecke and Nordschleife are treated as separate tracks.

Last edited:
Are you really 100% certain it's in the right folder? assettocorsa\content\tracks\ks_nurburgring\skins\cm_skins\*skin name*, in that folder there should be .dds files. If it's correct.

Also are you picking the right Nürburgring? GP-Strecke and Nordschleife are treated as separate tracks.

Attachments

• wack.png
    wack.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 256
All right, seems to be correctly installed. Still not appearing in menu you say? content -> track -> nurburgring -> skins, it's not there?

One thing you can do: create a new track skin, then when it's recognized you copy the stuff from DTM 1992 folder into that folder

Hey there.
i have the same Problem with Spielberg GP Track.
CM doesn´t recognize the skin, thererfore i am unable to choose it from within CM.
I´m almost 100% sure, that i have done evereything correctly. I put the skin in the right directory and checked it a few times.

Are there different versions of the track? Am I using the right one? I use the original Kunos Track.
Cheers and thanks for your Help in advance.
Milan

Well, I had this problem and I think I found a solution to it, but I was only able to solve it with the full version of CM.

What I did was:

- In CM, go to Content / Tracks.
- Find the track you're having the issue.
- At the bottom, click on skins.
- Click on + create a new one (if you're not finding this option, just manually search for a random skin name and it will show up).
- Create a random skin, it will generate a new cm_skins folder in your track's skin folder.
-Transfer the skin you're having the issue to this new cm_skins folder.

This solved the problem for me.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 355 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing