Track Shadows 3D Objects ?

Hi all,

I'm having some issues with shadows objects in geometry.ini.
It looks like that :

objects
{
my_track_ads_1
{
file=my_track_ads_1.dof
flags=2
}
}
shadows
{
shadow_ads_1
{
file=my_track_shadow_ads_1.dof
extrude=30.0
}
}
The shadow object is closed & composed of 3 primitives (2 cylinders + 1 cube) which wraps perfectly my "my_track_ads_1.dof" collision object. Shader/material is set correctly for both & I also tried playing with the extrude value, still I can't see my shadow. Stencil Bits is on + projected shadows too in racer.ini + in special.ini gfx.shadows.intensity_projected is set to 0.5 & works well for my F430 GTC shadow object.

I'm wondering if "shadow_ads_1" is correct, maybe it's the reason....

Any help is welcome !

Thx for info GT, didn't knew.

Ok, maybe like Fernstone, I'll bake my shadows & blend them in the diffuse map...when I play in surround mode. That's basically the reason. No prob when playing in CSM shadow mode on normal resolution.

You think there's some other trick/work-around I could use ?

Hm, without shadows, the scene looks really strange....

Just takes increasing amounts of processing power to run very wide screens... CSM puts about a 75% framerate cut, and I'm already at about 20fps if I go up to multi screen resolutions. (eg. 3800x720, that is 3x720p, is around 18fps without CSM, 4fps with it)

I guess you could drop the resolution of the monitors in Windows, the graphic options work a little differently with multiple screens but if you set the screens to be the right size, then Racer.ini resolution.no_border=1, you get faux-fullscreen.

Playing with CSM in surround mode in 2400 x 600 px (desktop + game res), I get above 30 fps...
The same happens when I play Crysis Wars/SB2 where I have to lower everything....sry need definitely 2 new GPUs !

Would 2 GPUs give you double the frame rate than 1? And out of curiousity, what GPU do you have?

Would 2 GPUs give you double the frame rate than 1? And out of curiousity, what GPU do you have?

You have some cards with 2 GPU & some using just 1. GPU future will resemble the CPU ones.

I somehow burnt my ATI 4870, so for now I'm using 2 cards, one 1 ATI 4670 1GB + 1 ATI 4670 512MB on both PCIE.
For example, the beauty is, I 'm working more quickly on 3 DVI 19" screens & with SoftTH (kegetys.net) I run all games with that except with Racer or Burnout Paradise which is the same technology as Racer because he handles "natively" a multiscreen setup.

The biggest advantage though, I can open any 3D on any screen & for example, the new Zmodeler got now multiview support, I think partially because of me....Dave (author/owner of Zmodeler) even answered some of my requests for future Shift Modding, looks like he's working on reverse-engineering the sgb files which are the binary track files for it.

Anyways, if I were you & serious about creating your own quality Racer world, I'd buy a good GPU with a good PC hardware, mobo, power supply etc..& unleash your ideas within Racer.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 326 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%