Track Sectors - Divide the track in sections

Apps Track Sectors - Divide the track in sections 1.4.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
hdhdh submitted a new resource:

Track Sectors - timing on user made sectors of a track

Ever wanted to improve your time on a track but never managed to pinpoint where you were fast and where you were slow? This app solves that problem.

Description
This app lets the user create N sectors on a track where you can time yourself. There is no limit to the number of sectors you can make.
After you finish setting up the configuration for a track, you need to go to pits to start the lap, but this...

Read more about this resource...

Checked the app in the content manager - but can't find the app ingame.
thats weird, in CM it should appear as Track Sectors, in game it has the same name and has the same icon that this resource has. Checked with other people and for them it works. But also, i recommend to come back in about 1,5 weeks here(I'm having some exams, so the app development will be delayed a bit), I'm planning to rewrite a part of the code because it doesn't work in all situations.

Last edited:
thats weird, in CM it should appear as Track Sectors, in game it has the same name and has the same icon that this resource has. Checked with other people and for them it works. But also, i recommend to come back in about 1,5 weeks here(I'm having some exams, so the app development will be delayed a bit), I'm planning to rewrite a part of the code because it doesn't work in all situations.
Don't stress about it. I'll just see how your app will develop in the future. :thumbsup:

Apps1.png

Apps2.png

Hello; first thanks for this beautifully thought app, I was trying to improve my timing and this is nice for that I assume.

acs_pYuuiPZT1x.jpg

I assume because out of the .zip it does not work.
I'm not great in python so searched a bit and found some calling lines about the sim_info.py you requested to run for getting info about the times obviously but there was no sim_info.py included.

I experimented after some google research and one of these 'experimental' calls was able to run the app, all the buttons was working btw, except it did not recorded any lap times.

sys.path.insert(len(sys.path), 'apps/python/track_sectors/anan_lib')
anan_lib import sim_info

from anan_lib import sim_info
sim_info import sim_info

also; it recorded some data in the json but totally no idea why there was no data feedback.

{
"ks_silverstone": {
"ks_bmw_m4_akrapovic": {
"sector_3": "--:--:---",
"sector_2": "--:--:---",
"sector_1": "--:--:---"
},
"sectors": {
"sector_number": "3",
"sector_3": "1.0",
"sector_2": "0.519",
"sector_1": "0.518"
}
},
"settings": {
"gui_layout": "1",
"settings_app_scale_factor": "1.0",
"victory_sound_value": "1",
"last_sector_equals_finish": "1",
"main_app_scale_factor": "1.0",
"auto_next_page": "0"
}
}

PS: I downloaded the .zip several times and sure it doesn't contain a lib with _ctypes.pyd or sim_info.py so as seen above tried to feed the python with the libraries but not exactly worked.

PS2: Sorry for my caveman English, it degrades more and more when sleepless and especially hungry lol

Hello; first thanks for this beautifully thought app, I was trying to improve my timing and this is nice for that I assume.

View attachment 490720

I assume because out of the .zip it does not work.
I'm not great in python so searched a bit and found some calling lines about the sim_info.py you requested to run for getting info about the times obviously but there was no sim_info.py included.

I experimented after some google research and one of these 'experimental' calls was able to run the app, all the buttons was working btw, except it did not recorded any lap times.

sys.path.insert(len(sys.path), 'apps/python/track_sectors/anan_lib')
anan_lib import sim_info

from anan_lib import sim_info
sim_info import sim_info

also; it recorded some data in the json but totally no idea why there was no data feedback.

{
"ks_silverstone": {
"ks_bmw_m4_akrapovic": {
"sector_3": "--:--:---",
"sector_2": "--:--:---",
"sector_1": "--:--:---"
},
"sectors": {
"sector_number": "3",
"sector_3": "1.0",
"sector_2": "0.519",
"sector_1": "0.518"
}
},
"settings": {
"gui_layout": "1",
"settings_app_scale_factor": "1.0",
"victory_sound_value": "1",
"last_sector_equals_finish": "1",
"main_app_scale_factor": "1.0",
"auto_next_page": "0"
}
}

PS: I downloaded the .zip several times and sure it doesn't contain a lib with _ctypes.pyd or sim_info.py so as seen above tried to feed the python with the libraries but not exactly worked.

PS2: Sorry for my caveman English, it degrades more and more when sleepless and especially hungry lol
First of all , thank you for downloading the app.
The sim info module should be something that comes with custom shaders patch , from my understanding at least, but thats no problem, i used that library just to make few calls, but those calls can be made with the assetto corsa api alone. I plan to rewrite a big portion of the app anyway, but i dont know when that version will come out, i want to test it better this time before releasing.At the moment tho, progress is kinda in the slummer , the way i used to get the times is basically that all maps that have an ai line, have a spline progression that are from [0,1], kunos developers were nice and made it so that 0 = starting line and 1 = finish line, and everything in between is the track, but on modded tracks, thats not usually the case, and if the map doesnt have an ai spline, it wont work at all. I allready wrote some code to detect if a specific map has ai or not, so then the program can decide to start or not, but because i cant use the spline progress to determine when to start the timing and when to finish the timing, its kinda hard to make it work. I have some ideas though, but i have to figure some stuff out, hopefully it will work :)
I will make an update and say if this progress will be continued or not.
PS: the version uploaded on the site should technically work on all kunos tracks, after you setupped the buttons , go to pits once to start the timing, maybe you didnt go to pits. Anyhow, in future sesions if the track configuration is allready made for that track, it should just start timing right away when you get on track.

Alright we will be waiting :inlove:

Btw I know that car teleportation is somehow possible, is there any possibilities to loop a sector or corner maybe, for training over and over again?

AccExtHelper mod from here can make 400 meters of jumps backwards if interested ^^

Alright we will be waiting :inlove:

Btw I know that car teleportation is somehow possible, is there any possibilities to loop a sector or corner maybe, for training over and over again?

AccExtHelper mod from here can make 400 meters of jumps backwards if interested ^^
Hello, as of right now im rewrriting this app and also implementing new stuff, i saw the request to loop over a sector or multiple sectors, and i thought of a way to do it, but if i implement it, when you will be teleported you will be stationary, so if you wanted to exercise say a corner, you you have to set up a sector before the corner so that way you can gain the speed that you would normally enter that corner, of course this would be easily done in the gui, but my question is if you and other users would want a loop system considering this compromise.

L.E. The "teleport" function doesn't allow for precise teleportation, in the sense that i cant specify a particular location to teleport, in this case, it would be the first sector you would want to loop, so unfortunately the loop over certain sectors feature is off the table at this point.

Last edited:
@hdhdh
to work with any other app that has a slightly different version of "sim_info.py", its not enough to rename the "...py" file, the imported/loaded/used classes are the same

... rename all the classes used in your version:
1679512688601.png

edit: use this, remove ".txt", put in
assettocorsa\apps\python\track_sectors\third_party\

Attachments

• sim_info_ts2.py.txt
    5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Hi, just a quick question about the app. Can I use it on a server?
Yes, it works in online servers as long as the map used on the server has a spline, but if there is no spline, the app will let you know by displaying a message.

Last edited:
I wish i could test this app but it doesnt work for me. I have it activated in CM, but its not there among the apps in game. I tried everything and nothing helps. Few people above had the same problem, did anyone managed to figure out how to make the app appear?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 225 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 170 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%