Track Map Display

Apps Track Map Display 1.16

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi! Love your app. Especially to create new maps for tracks. After installing some custom shaders patch I get just a black square instead of the app :-/ How ca this be fixed?

i have made a track map for a modded track (le mans 91-96 by Terra21 & Jim Lloyd) but when i load up the game the map doesn't show. I also renamed the png file to just "map".

What do?

Without more info it's hard to tell what's going on.
"Just map", does that mean you left out the ".png" part?
Is your app active?
Have you tried copying a map.png from another track to see if that works?
How did you create a new map?

Without more info it's hard to tell what's going on.
"Just map", does that mean you left out the ".png" part?
Is your app active?
Have you tried copying a map.png from another track to see if that works?
How did you create a new map?
  1. i hide the file extension name
  2. yes
  3. i'm focusing solely on this track because it's missing a bit entering mulsanne corner
  4. i just take Gary Patterson's transit to record the map (i do a full lap of the circuit)

1. i hide the file extension name
  2. yes
  3. i'm focusing solely on this track because it's missing a bit entering mulsanne corner
  4. i just take Gary Patterson's transit to record the map (i do a full lap of the circuit)
1. Ah okay, so it's still a PNG file, right? Hiding extensions can do weird things, sometimes. Best to have them enabled so you can see it's "map.png" and not "map.png.tiff" for example.
3. I understand, but by doing that you can find out the origins of the error.
4. Are you starting recording before the start-finish? I guess you do as you mention you are renaming a file, I guess that's the generated one.

I've recorded a map myself and it works fine here. Although it's matching the original map (apart from scale and colours ofcourse) so not quite sure what bit would be missing.

@Neys
Recently I've noticed that on some tracks, the map looks offset compared to the official map. They both seem to use the same image.
It's not a big deal but might be worth a look.
20210105082520_1.jpg
20210104093351_1.jpg

EDIT:
Also, would it be possible to fetch the camera position and draw that on the map (either via button to toggle it or whenever the camera mode is F7)?
Camera position can be fetched as is done in AccExtHelper.py.
I don't understand a thing of Classes in Python, or I would have tried to implement it myself, but yeah.. :p

Last edited:
Hi, not sure if this has been asked already or not, but is there any way to resize the apps? I would love for it to be bigger in maps that is very big i.e. SRP

Edit: nvm I just saw that I can change the setting right in Content Manager, my bad

Last edited:
I've just had to reinstall everything, and after doing so, Map Display is not listed as one of the App Windows in the AC settings. It is available in the taskbar, but I have to activate and position it every time. It worked fine before the reinstall, and I had it locked in on one of my HUD presets. Any ideas what could have caused this?

Hi NEYS. Not sure if you are still active, but in case you are, can we get an option in the setting to ignore certain drivers so they do not show up on the map at all? I want to use this feature for our TV Vans that we use to stream our races with. It looks a bit weird there are dots placed in the pits during a race when all the cars are on the track..

@Neys
Recently I've noticed that on some tracks, the map looks offset compared to the official map. They both seem to use the same image.
It's not a big deal but might be worth a look.
View attachment 433512View attachment 433513

EDIT:
Also, would it be possible to fetch the camera position and draw that on the map (either via button to toggle it or whenever the camera mode is F7)?
Camera position can be fetched as is done in AccExtHelper.py.
I don't understand a thing of Classes in Python, or I would have tried to implement it myself, but yeah.. :p
That happens when the actual size of the png that is the map, does not match up with the size in the map.ini. Edit map ini and it will all align. (on some mod tracks, the map just does not work properly, but you can generate a new map in 2 secs in Content Manager)

That happens when the actual size of the png that is the map, does not match up with the size in the map.ini. Edit map ini and it will all align. (on some mod tracks, the map just does not work properly, but you can generate a new map in 2 secs in Content Manager)
Thanks for the heads up. I never thought those values wouldn't match up, but it appears CM creates a map.ini with values 20 pixels too short. So it's not a MapDisplay issue but a CM one.

1619175200035.png

Thanks for the heads up. I never thought those values wouldn't match up, but it appears CM creates a map.ini with values 20 pixels too short. So it's not a MapDisplay issue but a CM one.

View attachment 468213
Not really a CM problem either, but when you generate a new map png file, you can set the margin and default is 10, so 10 pixels on each side of the png goes to margin. You can set 0 margin, but then there is a bug where the ingame map app renders some weird extra lines on the edges of the map. Just another AC thing ;-)

I understand that the margin is nice to have due to AC limitations, but if a margin is set, shouldn't that setting translate into the ini file automatically rather than manually? It might be a bug in the ini writing code which goes unnoticed for 95% of tracks due to their size (and due to the fact that AC's Track Map app ignores that part of the ini).

I understand that the margin is nice to have due to AC limitations, but if a margin is set, shouldn't that setting translate into the ini file automatically rather than manually? It might be a bug in the ini writing code which goes unnoticed for 95% of tracks due to their size (and due to the fact that AC's Track Map app ignores that part of the ini).
I think Ilja just followed how Kunos did it, but it would certainly be nice if it wrote out the correct values. It would only matter to people using Track Map Display though..

Hi!
Anyone know how to make the map "fix in a place"? for ex in the top right corner... because my map have the center in the arrow .. and all the map don't stay fix in that place of the monitor but continue running (along the track) .. so if i ve open any other app on the screen i can't see evere the map. thanks!

Hi!
Anyone know how to make the map "fix in a place"? for ex in the top right corner... because my map have the center in the arrow .. and all the map don't stay fix in that place of the monitor but continue running (along the track) .. so if i ve open any other app on the screen i can't see evere the map. thanks!
Are you absolutely sure you are not confusing Kunos Map display with this Track map display?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 97 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 352 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 488 39.1%