Attachments

• Untitled-5.jpg
    Untitled-5.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 332
Thanks for a great app!
Is it possible to make the maps larger?
On a 4K monitor - they are very small.

Hi Zman,

you can edit the map_display.ini file in the apps/python/map_display directory using a text editor - this is out of my head, so be flexible :): There is an option [GLOBAL]/zoom and I think the default setting is 1; Setting it to 1.5, 2 or 4 will enlarge the app. Note: when you delete the .ini file it will be regenerated on next start with default settings.

Hope this helps
Neys

Hi Zman,

you can edit the map_display.ini file in the apps/python/map_display directory using a text editor - this is out of my head, so be flexible :): There is an option [GLOBAL]/zoom and I think the default setting is 1; Setting it to 1.5, 2 or 4 will enlarge the app. Note: when you delete the .ini file it will be regenerated on next start with default settings.

Hope this helps
Neys

Works perfectly!
Thanks

Hello, I swear to god I cant get the app working. I just paste the files where they need to be and the map remains absolutely identical, no new app is added to the sidebar. Any ideas?

Hello, I swear to god I cant get the app working. I just paste the files where they need to be and the map remains absolutely identical, no new app is added to the sidebar. Any ideas?

Recheck the installation of the files, that it the only reason I can think of... Also, this doesn't replace the kunos map, it is an additional map.

Cheers,
Divxmaster

After installing files you must activate the application on Assetto Corsa Launcher:
Options - > General -> UI Modules -> map_display
Then in game you can see new app in the sidebar.
Enjoy! ;)

Hello ,
I have a small problem with this great Apps, that is map display,: I just changed the screen for 1 ultra wide 34 inch flat slab 2560x1080 75hz, since map display is no longer displayed, the apps is at the screen but without the map, I see at some point the green arrow indicating my position crossing the screen !! I deduce that it works in the background,
is a question of resolution of the apps? if so how to correct this problem?

thanking you for the answer
cordially

Laurent

Hello Laurent ( Old chap ;) )
I suppose you're still using the app at it was on your previous monitor ( 1920*1080 I guess )

If I were you, and I really think it might work, try this:
- go to ....\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\map_display\
- move out the map_display.ini ( or save it somewhere else and delete it )

Start AC and the app as usual ... this ini file will be automatically recreated.
As this map is not the original one, I guess the app takes automatically your resolution into account to create those maps....

Thanks to the author for creating this app. Putting the time and effort into making this app is very much appreciated,. Its def a very useful app (I'm surprised the default track map app is so bad with a fixed zoom like it is)

Suggestion:
I think it would be useful to document how to use it once installed would be a great help. I got it working but it was not an intuitive process as the install process is not well explained (and much is buried in support comments) A step by step would be helpful. Also docs on how to use the installed app would be a big help (I still don't know what most of the buttons on the app actually do). It's clear from all the comments I am not alone in this. (things like the custom options you can change etc in the ini, that you need to enable custom apps in the UI for it to work in game are some examples)

If you look at the helicorsa app it gives a good example of how to install AND use the app. I think it would stop all the confusions and questions you are getting.

Again thanks very much for making this application.

Agreed. I've installed it, but i cannot see where to engage it in game let alone some useful info that explain what it actually does. Some documentation would be ideal from the developer

*EDIT: Got it working, it's pretty cool!

Can it be moved? An option to scale or move it it would be good as on triple screen the data is at the bottom on the left screen mostly.

Last edited:
In the zip the folders "apps" and "content" go into the main Assetto Corsa game root folder.
You then need to enable the app in the game also (like all mod apps). It's called "Map Display".

This show how (tracks,cars,apps)

Guys this app is fantastic / beautiful, but in these periods I have problems with its functioning.
1. Map_display (activated), but not present in the game.
I followed the instructions on the .ini file but the string "arrow_size_factor" is already present.
2. Restart the game and reappear, come back active. How come these problems happen?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 483 39.0%