Alright when was that again.....?

Being ahead only matters if Lewis had deliberately run him wide so he’d have to back off, i.e. the various Albon incidents. But as your footage shows, Max simply entered the corner far too quickly, and rather than scrub that speed off to avoid leaving the track, which would have let Hamilton through, he simply carried on off the edge of the track. Had there been a barrier there he would have either had to brake or crash, either way Hamilton would have got the place back.
you must be blind than........he was within the lines and ahead of lewis...as he was infront and he got to soon on the throttle than the car oversteerd and he had to made a correction and than ended off track.

I think you're wrong - sorry. He only got past by entering the corner too quickly, trying to carry too much speed and thus running wide and off the track.

ham-01.jpg

ham-02.jpg

ham-03.jpg

Even Red Bull admit the overtake was illegal. The issue is why wasn't Hamilton penalised for running wide at the same corner earlier in the race?

I guess the argument is a little muddied as the place they were running wide I think is part of the longer circuit, however the solution in my eyes in the majority of these kind of cases is to line the track with at least 2 metres of grass / gravel, then if you want 300M of tarmac after it, then so be it, personally I hate tarmac run off and its done nothing for my love of "modern motorsport". Thankfully most of the UK tracks haven't been castrated in this manner (yet).

I still think that Max went wider to leave more space for driver on inside (that is talking about apex). As he was for sure scared of driving close to someone who "killed" his teammate's race 2 times in same situation. :rolleyes:
After apex, it was said by far more qualified people than me, so I don't want to comment on that. Anyway, it is long gone, Merc is ahead in both champions, time to move forward. As we will not get anything from this, FIA and rules will still be gray and it will go in someones favor (usually to dominant side as it was always like that).

Last edited:
To be honest they need to consider replacing him (Michael Massi) in my opinion. He has developed a trend of questionable practices. Some such incidents you ask?

1.) Releasing cars in Q2 at Turkey last year with a crane on the track.
2.) Occasions on which Leclerc and Kvyat were allowed to continue on track despite their safety belts being undone.
3.) Cars being released to unlap themselves at imola running full speed to catch the pack while marshals were literally on track clearing debris.
4.) Inconsistent enforcement of track limits on a number of occasions.

That is just to name a few of course. While these may not seem hugely significant on the surface the Imola and Turkey incidents were particularly dangerous. Lance stroll literally missed a marshal doing well over 100Mph trying to catch up to the pack. Let us not forget as well, the track conditions in Turkey were very similar to which a certain Japanese grand prix where Jules Bianchi tragically lost his life in a similar situation.

Top Gear will pay tribute to Queen of the Nürburgring Sabine Schmitz, who died last month aged 51, with a half-hour special.

The programme will be available to stream through BBC iPlayer from 9pm this Sunday, April 4th, immediately after the Top Gear series finale on BBC One. It will also be broadcast at 7:30pm on BBC One on Wednesday, April 7th.

I watched this the other day, really nice tribute.

In purpose built circuits you can heavily deter drivers with gravel traps but it seems to be getting phased out from most tracks. Adding massive paved runoffs does nothing to inhibit this.
A big problem with gravel traps is if you retern to track you drag gravel onto the racing line. Not fun for somone trailing. The walls are far away, as there is a ratio of speed to the wallś distance. The faster the car goes the further away the wall must be. If the wall where closer the car would have to go slower. Traveling at speed at a wall in a F1 is not fun and painfull. Not to mention costly repairs to car. So the driver avoids phisicall pain and damage. Maybe avoids retirement. Also if there is a big accident you can swerve around it and avoid getting picked up by it. A out of control car can pull over and that means there is no reason to stop the race or pull out the pace car. We cant do like street circits and box drivers in to tight walls with no way to get out if something goes wrong.

The thing with F1 is each event has to be a clean slate, you cant carry grudges out from event A to event B. This is bullying and could be ganging up on a driver or team. Making them call foul play.
As @Fat-Alfie said, I was talking about Massi. But anyway, it is not about grudge even for drivers. Each of them starts each weekend with clean slate. But If Maldonado crashes and gets 5s penalties in 1st and 2nd weekend. And then he does same thing in 3rd or 4th, it should be more than 5s. Which is somehow already there with 12 penalty points limit. Although as we know when driver comes to ~8 points penalties stop and also those drivers become much more careful. Who knows, maybe putting limit to 4-5 and having clear rules is all we need. :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back