Alright when was that again.....?

It would be one thing if they had all been breaching track limits, but Max was playing by the rules the whole race. This gave both the Mercs an advantage. Then when he does it once, he gets screwed.

I do think Red Bull made a mistake letting him through immediately. They should have at least waited till a better time or were forced.
I do believe though that over radio Horner told Max that they were instructed about it by race direction. Never saw an independent announcement though, just what Horner said.

The announcers seemed a bit frustrated by it all too.

what i don't understand is that more than often Lewis broke track limits x25 laps in the corner where Max returned his position after overtaking Lewis. Then it was said in one that certainly helped him build his lead after his pit stops.

They say if you gain an advantage be leaving the track you have to give back the position. One could argue that during the un-competitive parts you don't gain an advantage there. Would make sense to investigate that in the sim if that's true.

Race control be like:

53i1p6.jpg

Perez drove one hell of a race tho.

Well Hamilton didn't overtake somebody outside the track.
Perez is undeniably imo the dood, I'm a Vettel fan and I think he drove quite a nice race until the crash with Ocon
You either can or cannot go off track while, time advantage or position it doesn't matter. They were letting people go off track, especially Mercedes.

If we count both qualy and race, how many laps did Mazepin actually complete?

Last edited:
You either can or cannot go off track while, time advantage or position it doesn't matter. They were letting people go off track, especially Mercedes.

If we count both qualy and race, how many laps did Mazepin actually complete?

Turn 4 track limits violation should have never been allowed for anybody, doesn't matter if FP, QF or race. The Marshals failed here completely the whole time. If track limits count than on all parts of the track ... just like in AC.

If that's the price to keep Haas financially afloat, I'm willing to accept the regular Safety Car on lap 1. We can't afford to lose the 10th team. Imaging F1 with only 9 teams. Yuck.

Haas will be last this season, they even admit it themselves. They will not develop the 2021 car at all and are pouring all of their resources in the 2022 car right now. So in the end, it doesn't matter who's driving the 2nd car, it might as well be some pay driver. Mick Schumacher will have a rough first year in F1 but that's not a bad thing; you often learn a lot that way.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years