Track - Laser Scanner

Laser_Tripod.jpg

Hi. First of all Happy New Year community ! Wish you all the best. Long time i not visit this place :) People i have one question about laser scanner and i don't know any other form to answer this question. In my opinion, RD is the best place to ask questions like this. I want information about laser Scanner. Who can do this ? Or how ? How much it cost or where i can find some information about this ? First i remember this post in BTB website (Laser Scanned Tracks): http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/laser_scanning.aspx But i don't understand what can they do ? Came to my country and scanner track - Rustavi International Motorpark ? How hard it is ? Etc.

In short, i dream that someone has come in my country and scanned the track by laser - RIM and then import it in Assetto Corsa.

I also think to open topic in AC official forum and request this. I know they will ignore this, but i will try it anyway.

P. S. sorry for my bad English.

Last edited:
i have been looking at laser scanning apparently you can hire the laser scanners.
buying one will be easily in the tens of thousands
laser scanned tracks are accurate to the millimeter iRacing uses them and newer games are starting to adopt this method also.

i have been looking at laser scanning apparently you can hire the laser scanners.
buying one will be easily in the tens of thousands
laser scanned tracks are accurate to the millimeter iRacing uses them and newer games are starting to adopt this method also.
There is 2 problem. First i don't have +10000 $ to buy it. Second if i have it, i have no idea how to use it... So there is no way to scanner our track ? If we pay for it (some amount of money) ? No One come and make this ?

P. S. Thank you for replay and information. I hear about iRacing long time ago, because one of my best friend play it very often :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back