Engine
Throttle map: Fast
Fuel: Fixed

Alignment
Camber front: -1.10
Camber rear: -3.00
Toe front: 0.09
Toe rear: 0.35

At Suzuka, my time was 1:37.237 (but could have shaved another 0.400 I think)

Sector 1

Turn 1: Coming down the Start/Finish straight begin braking at the 2nd Fuji TV sign, get into 4th gear and stay just left of the apex aiming for the curbing on the left before turn 2. You should be coasting once you're in 4th.

Turn 2: You can give it a tiny bit of gas as you go alongside the curb on the left (I just coast). Downshift to 3rd as you enter the turn and stay close to the inside as you go through. Be gentle with the gas on the exit shift into 4th and then 5th just before turn 3.

Turn 3: Come off the gas and coast (or gently use a tiny bit of gas) to get setup for the next turn. Downshift to 4th on your way out.

Turn 4: Use some slight throttle to get through and stay to the right on the exit getting set up for turn 5. Stay in 4th through the turn.

Turn 5: Accelerate to the top of fourth and then back off the gas but not all the way off. Avoid going wide to keep a good line into turn 6.

Turn 6: Feather the gas, you can either downshift to 3rd or stay in 4th but make sure you don't go wide on the exit. Either stay right or end up in the middle and get ready for turn 7.

Turn 7: Careful with the throttle as you head up the hill. You should be in 4th and turn in and be aiming for the top of the curbing on the left (about 3/4 of the way up). Don't floor it but you can start accelerating and hit 5th gear as you come close to the curb on the right at the top of the hill. You should be in 6th before turn 8.

Sector 2

Turn 8: Brake inbetween the 100 and 50m marks (75m) coming down to 4th gear. A quick pause before getting back on the gas should get you into position to make the turn. You should be able to floor it aiming for the curb on the left before turn 9. You should be in 5th before turn 9.

Turn 9: Brake about 2/3 of the way down the curbing on the left coming down to 2nd. Turn in just after you start braking and try to cut the corner as much as you can. Don't get on the gas until after the exit as it is easy to send yourself into the gravel or spin off the curb on the left.

Turn 10: Heading to the turn accelerate into 5th gear. Just after the curb ends on your right begin braking for the hairpin.

Turn 11: A very tricky hairpin. Just after turn 10 brake down to first. Hold off on the entry until you're in 1st and you should make it as long as you slowed down enough. Be very gentle with the throttle on the way out as it is VERY easy to spin. You should be able to get into 2nd AFTER exiting.

Turn12: Flat out.

Turn 13/14 (Spoon): Now this one is tricky since I can't landmark where to brake. You will pass a Fuji TV sign on the right. About halfway or 2/3 before the corner begin braking while trying to aim for the curb on the right. You can make it in 4th but I get into 3rd and then accelerate to just touch the curb. You need to be wide here for the 2nd half of the curve.

Come down from 4th into 3rd and just feather the throttle as you exit Spoon; stay close to the curb on the left since going wide is a nightmare. Give it more gas at the start of the hill but don't floor it since you will spin. Once you are passed the dip then gun it.

Sector 3

Turn 15: Flat Out. Turn in at around 70m.

Turn 16: Brake just before the 100m marker (125m, 100 if you are brave). Aim for the Apex as you come down to 1st, don't be wide on your entry as we are going to aim for turn 16 on the exit.

Turn 17: Staying in 1st approach turn 17 with a bit of acceleration and then let off as you go around. Come wide on the exit so you can accelerate through turn 18.

Turn 18: Flat out unless you weren't wide on turn 17's exit, then you will need to let up just a little.

Notes: A very tough circuit, I certainly don't have all the answers here:confused:. Sector 1 is very tricky and very prone to a domino effect if you screw up a corner. The hairpin is unforgiving and spoon is one hell of a corner. Good luck!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%