Fuel: Fixed

Alignment
Camber front: -1.10
Camber rear: -3.00
Toe front: 0.09
Toe rear: 0.35

At Kuala Lumpur my time was 1:36.346

Sector 1

Turn 1: Get over to the left to begin turn 1. Brake very hard just before the 100m marker and gradually turn in as you pass the 50m mark come down to 2nd/1st gear. Make sure you lose enough speed and keep that turn in gradual since an early apex is not good. Stick to the curb on your right but let go of it once you are all the way round.

Turn 2: Exiting turn 1 get to the middle of the track with a bit of gas and then come off it and immediately go round turn 2. Careful with the throttle on the exit but give it enough to reach the right hand side of the road. Floor it afterwards.

Turn 3: Keep the throttle pinned and get ready for turn 4. This is a good place to overtake guys who messed up turns1/2.

Sector 2

Turn 4: Brake hard inbetween the 150/100m markers coming down to 2nd gear. Turn in around 50m and use a tiny bit of throttle to end up on the far left of the track. Use a little bit of curb on your way through.

Turn 5: Floor it on the exit of 4 and get to the right hand side of the track. Turn in after you see the last bit of advertising above your head. As you are approaching the apex you will have to left off to maintain contact with the curb on the left. Make sure you are able to follow it around. Shift down from 6th to 5th when entering, stay in 5th all the way round.

Turn 6: When the curbing on the left of 5 ends straighten out, lift off the gas and wait until you can see the apex for 6 before turning in and getting back on the throttle. You should just be able to flow from 5 into 6 this way. Lots of practice is needed here. Take the entire corner in 5th gear, shift to 6th on the exit.

Turn 7/8: Exiting 6 stay on the left of the track and brake at the 50m marker coming down to 4th gear (from 6th). Turn after you start braking and make a continuous line from the entry of 7 to the entry of 8. You want to stay off the curb and briefly come over to the left on exiting just before you enter 8. You can give at a little throttle once 8 is lined up but don't floor it until you are on the exit. Take both turns in 4th gear.

Turn 9: Get as far right as you can and brake very hard between the 150/100m markers. Come down to 2nd and turn sharply at ~25m. Use a fair bit of curb on the way through (not too much or you'll spin) and be easy with the throttle on the exit. Too much and you will be on the grass.

Sector 3

Turn 10: You can try going full throttle but you will have to use as little steering as possible to prevent a spin. Going 80-90% throttle is safer and will allow for an easier line since we are really just getting ready for turn 11. You should be in 5th after you are done with 10.

Turn 11: Get to the left after 10 and keep an eye on the right for the blue Allianz sign. Brake just before it and come down to 3rd. Gradually turn in making sure not to be early and you will make it just fine. Give it a little gas just after hitting the apex, then floor it.

Turn 12: Stay right after exiting 11. You can take this flat out with a bit of steering lock as long as you were far enough right to begin with.

Turn 13: Another one flat out. Stick to the right with the curb but break away as you come up to the allianz sign on the inside of turn 14.

Turn 14: After breaking away from turn 13 brake (not too hard) and come down to 2nd gear. You need to float to the left on the way into the turn and then start turning right when you are about 3/4 of the way over to the left. Hardest turn on the circuit, just practice the hell out of this one. Don't spin on the exit, the back straight is next.

Turn 15: Last one. Watch on the left for the markers as you get as far right as possible. Brake very hard before the 100m marker (125-110m) come down to 2nd gear. Turn in gradually just before the curbing on your right starts. It's very important to get a late apex here.

Notes: 5/6, 11 and 14 give me the most grief. It is all about controlling the throttle inputs and making sure you don't brake too late.

I did this in career with an HRT, couldn't seem to keep pace with anyone except the new teams on legendary AI...I guess that's how it's supposed to be but it's a little frustrating. I had a higher down force setting than you and had a much stiffer ride, maybe that's why I couldn't do better than a mid 1:39 in Q2. Very frustrating race though, I got up to 11th from 17th after the first lap but it seemed like the entire field was faster than me, wound up finishing 18th. race pace was generally around 1:41. I've watched your vid and my lines seem very similar and it feels like I'm faster through 1,2 5/6 and 14 but in between those i'm just losing it. I don't get it.

Oh and I'm on season 3 after doing virgin s1, ferrari s2, and accidently hitting "accept" instead of "decline" and realizing there's no undo there, so I'm stuck with HRT for s3. But I'm driver 1 and haven't gotten the opportunity to have any upgrades as of yet either.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%