Fuel: Fixed

Alignment
Camber front: -1.10
Camber rear: -3.00
Toe front: 0.09
Toe rear: 0.35

At Catalunya my time was 1:24.541

Sector 1

Turn 1: Stay left, brake at the 100m marker down to 3rd, turn in at 50m. Feather the throttle as you turn sharply right, try to hug the curb before the apex afterwards swing the steering left to enter 2.

Turn 2: Keep feathering the gas and shift up to 4th as you enter (floor it after the apex). You will not need to hug the curb as much as you did for 1, try to combine your exit from 2 with the entry to 3, you should be in 5th gear when done with 2.

Turn 3: Try to gradually float towards the apex on your right, you will have to come off the gas a little when you get there but try to be as flat as possible (you can floor it after the apex). Don't steer too hard to the right, you want to use as much of the road as possible to get a good acceleration after the apex. Take the entire turn in 5th but shift to 6th after accelerating at the apex (I get to the apex when the first LEDs come on in 5th gear).

Sector 2

Turn 4: Stay left, brake hard just before the overhead down to 4th (or 3rd) and ease into this righthander. You should begin turning after going underneath the overhead, similar to 3 use as much of the road as possible to accelerate out. You will need to control the throttle and steering to prevent a spin or a wide exit. Don't use any more steering than you need and you will be able to use 80-90% throttle. While exiting you should get to 4th easily and then 5th before touching the left side of the road.

Turn 5: Get to the right now and wait for the Allianz sign above; brake down to 2nd and turn in just before the curb on your right ends. Wait until you are almost all the way round before accelerating, you want to avoid that gravel on the exit, there is some turf so you are allowed to go a little wide (throttle control again).

Turn 6: Flat out kink on the way to 7, point the car to the left after exiting 5 for the shortest run to 7.

Turn 7: Stick to the right, brake from 6th to 3rd. Immediately turn sharp left and get as close to that curb as possible. If you cut the corner too much you will hit a nasty bump and risk a spin if you don't lift off the gas.

Turn 8: Immediately after 7's apex straighten the steering after exiting (as much as you can) to take a straight line through 8. Once you know you're clear of the gravel on the right (there is turf here also so use it), keep the car pointed left to prepare for 9. Going through 8 you should be able to shift up to 4th on the way in and 5th on the way out. Use about 90% throttle or you will hit the limiter and have some weird acceleration in 5th gear.

Turn 9: You should get into 6th just before the curb ends on your left. When it does, downshift to 5th and yank the wheel right. You will need to come off the gas a bit but try to get flat out through this corner. If you are tight enough with your turning point then you will make it with no trouble. Come off the throttle if you feel yourself being pulled towards the gravel on the left of the exit.

Sector 3

Turn 10(hairpin): After 9 there's a straight, get over to the right while going down it and pay attention to the red striped wall on that side. You will need to brake very hard just before the wall ends (you will see a little gap between it and the 100m marker). Brake down to 1st turning in sharply after last downshift, coast through the corner and get on the gas once your car is pointed in the right direction (you will understeer if you're impatient).

Turn 11: Point the car left after exiting 10. Cut this little kink as much as you can (the entire left wheel and suspension will be off the road), come off the gas and downshift to 3rd as go through.

Turn 12: Stay in 3rd and (verty) gently use some throttle to get around. Stick close to the curb and accelerate hard (carefully) just before the curb on your right ends. Get into 4th quickly on the exit, 5th is possible before turn 13.

Turn 13: This one is blind but you can use the curb on the left after exiting 12. Brake hard down to 2nd and swing hard right. You don't want to end up going wide on the exit because you will have to work hard to get into position for 14 (aim to be in the middle of the road on the exit). Get into 3rd and then 4th as you run to 14.

Turn 14: Just before the overhead on your right (and just after getting into 4th) brake down to 1st and turn in as you do so. Don't be too sharp with the steering and don't cut the curb or you will spin. The safest thing to do is not touch the curb at all, but if you want to get a good line to 15 you will have to touch it a little. Don't touch the throttle until you are over the curb with your front left.

Turn 15: Use a bit of gas to shift into 2nd before entering. If you didn't go wide from 14 you will just need to continue straight through to the curb on the left of the exit here. Once you are there gun it and point the car to the right as you enter 16.

Turn 16: Don't use too much steering through this bumpy last corner and you will avoid a spin. Be wary of the gravel on the left of the exit, but you should be able to take this turn flat out without much trouble (different story if you're in the wet though)

Notes: 1&2 are easy if you slow down enough for 1. 3 is tricky if you're not good with throttle control. 7 can be difficult to get right (and is a disaster to get wrong). The hairpin is quite difficult and has a very long exit. The chicane is a nasty one give yourself more ride height if you're having trouble.

Thanks to glight for this great track guide. Im just about to do this track in the 3rd year of my career, in the previous 2 seasons I came nowhere near scoring points. Hopefully this time I can pick up a point or 2 but I think its gonna be extremely difficult.

I must be doing something horribly wrong, but I can't seem to do any part of this track as well as that video...sector 1 is ok at best for me and 2,3 are nowhere in the same realm.

the car just doesn't want to take any of the turns that fast. I'm using HRT but I should still be able to get 1:25s at least. I can't seem to get under 1:29.

I even tried upping the downforce a lot and it still won't take the turns, I dunno what I'm doing wrong. my lines seem like they're close but never as fast. :frown:

well I just set a 1:27:261 a few mins after posting that last one with a 1st sector 24:802 2nd 32:664 and 3rd 29.795

what the heck is going wrong in the second sector 2 ha, I'm playing on full sim except 4 flashbacks and intermediate AI and I can only pull out 20th after P2.

my last season was w/ ferrari and no tire wear, and I was actually competitive with legendary AI, but w/ HRT and tire wear i'm useless.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back