Track designing inspirational images

All, just thought I'd share these photos I found here. It's a link to the Spa Franchorchaps website with some great photos of the track. Click on 'photo gallery - visit of the racetrack' and 'new aerial views...'.

From a track designing point of view I thought they were rather informative and interesting in terms of setting up the relationship of track to track edge / rumble strip / runoff / barrier / support road / landscape etc.

If anyone has found anything similar for other tracks, or even just inspiring images, please post a link....:D

I thought it was cool that Bing maps managed to take their photos on a race day! Pictures for Portland are probably spring of 2006 or 2007 and don't show the result of 2008 changes & repaving.

That unknown (brisbane australia) track is Darlington Park. I have been tempted to built it, its closed down now (the usual scenario, residents move in etc etc) A friend of mine owns the Karting track in the same complex. Someone actually made that kart rack for rfactor, it was Ledgendsatlunch I think.

Actually I think I will make the track and then it can be added to the OACG :)

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=...d=0CBMQBSgA&q=darlington+park+raceway&spell=1

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 436 39.5%