Track Designing Competition

Here's my idea of what I'd like to do with Sochi. The first sector is almost unchanged, except Turn 4 is a right sweeper instead of a corner. Turn 4 is almost useless for overtaking except on Lap 1. Now Turn 5 has the potential for almost any time during the race. The run to Turn 7 has been lengthened to potentially offer another overtaking point. Turn 8 is relocated, making Turn 9 something to actually pay attention to rather than just be the follow-thru from 8. 10 and 11 remain unchanged, except Turn 12 is moved MUCH further back. The track will continue along the Ice Palace to Turn 13. The old Turn 15/16 is opened up a bit to make this more of a fast chicane than a useless braking zone with no overtaking. Carry speed through here and have another possible overtaking point at Turn 17.

Total length is relatively unaffected (5.848km vs. 5.871km) and the turn count remains at 18.

Take a Formula E circuit of your choice - past or present - and change it to create a Formula 1 circuit.
Post as many entries as you like.

Here's my first entry for Marrakesh.

e-Prix circuit

F1 circuit

Let's take a look at Punta del Este

e-Prix Circuit

F1 Circuit

Moscow this time

e-Prix Circuit

F1 Circuit

Singapore GP announced a revised layout for 2023. Due to construction near the grandstands at Turns 16-21, the track will continue in a long straight through to Turn 22.

Show me another Formula One circuit used since 2014 that could use a reworking like this. Remove a slow section and turn it into a long straight.

Paul Ricard, I think is a good track but the first sector is meh. The problem is that in this track we have only one racing line in the most part of the track. Making the start straight and mistral one longer (also removing chicanne), and next corners more closed to make good overtaking oportunities (with chicanne version will be another opportunity)

I have done a change to Sochi

The Mexican GP got quite a lot of criticism for having a layout which didn't allow for great racing. Redesign that circuit to make the three problem sections better - The turns 1-3 complex, 4-6 complex and the stadium section at the end of the lap.
Keep the high speed section of wiggles from T7-12 as there isn't much the circuit can do about that because of what land they do/don't own.

My drawing skills are off tonight. This will look a little sloppy.

First off, I revised the first bit to be a little like Copse at Silverstone.
The second bit I wanted a 180 banked hairpin like the new curve at Yas Marina.
The stadium section is a bit like the back esses at Hungary but a bit shrunken.

I've taken my Mexico City concept, from @Jimlaad43's challenge, and put it into CAD. I'd like to keep refining my designs like this with input from others. I know I still need grandstands, runoff areas, etc., but this is a start.

Mexico City-Model.jpg

Barcelona out, Madrid in. Dont we have enough street circuits? Got me thinking about this thread, though.

Made the first corner tighter, kinda like a hairpin. Should be interesting. SImilar to Bahrain the fight wont be over, though, because the right kink following that section. It's tighter than Bahrain, i believe. The second section should be approached with high speeds, maybe even still side by side. A fast kink leads into a longer, round corner, possibly with slight banking. The corner tightens in the end and has a similar exit as the first corner.

I liked @rubaru Stadium section, but therefore had to do something different and tried to revive the long final corner. Obviously the paddock would need to shift a little bit, but maybe the track could be narrow there and allow stands to walk under. Thats the reason for the ugly chicane entering this section, otherwise speeds would be too high in that area and into the stadium. The stadium should be a little more flowy and cars approaching faster than before.

Surely we can all do a better job of designing a circuit in that area in Madrid than these two concepts that have been hovering around today. Let's give that a go
1701798569459.jpeg

1701798608146.png

Last edited:
I have gone for a more streamlined version of the track which nearly hits 6km in length anyway. This is quite a large piece of track and we don't need another stupidly long street circuit like Jeddah or Vegas, so I did my best. Made the corners a bit faster and tried to create overtaking spots and areas of multiple lines. This entire area looks awful to host an F1 race at. It'll be like Formula E at ExCeL, but without the interesting aspect of half of the track being inside...

Wow, now that I had a closer look to it, it is even more awful!
So at least make it bonkers / unique and not another forgetful one.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7737703

Nearly symmetrical track, long straights, and a crossing. The fast roundabouts / chicanes should be similar to the swimming pool section in Monaco. Difficult, fast and fun to look at.
Yeah, overtaking will be awful, though. but I have a bonus for that!

Bonus 1: The pitlane will cut the track massively, located where the Start is on @Jimlaad43 track. This should allow for awesome strategy battles and might allow more stops to be an option. Might need to relocate the start or draw a second finish line for the pit, though.
Bonus 2: Spectators will have a great view in the middle section of the track.
Bonus 3: The start should be interesting.

So, it's kinda awful but i think it would still be an interesting event. Similar to the crazy Outer-Loop of Bahrain.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back