Track Designing Competition

I decided to revive the Bremgarten circuit in Bern, so I made a modern F1 layout on part of the old circuit to make some kind of modern "tribute" layout. Then just made a shorter FE layout in the same patch.

F1
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7453926

FE

F1

FE

Ignoring the fact that there's cliffs and massive gradient, canyons, trees and whatever elses in the way, take a section of the Pikes Peak hillclimb and integrate it into an F1 circuit, with half of the track being hillclimb, and the other half joining the top to the bottom of your section. This extra joining bit doesn't have to "obey" the laws of physics or topography, you've been given a blank cheque to make it happen with as much earthmoving as required.

Kept it more manageable for construction. I always liked this little reservoir too...very pretty here.

Let's get this rolling again...would love to see some new folks playing along here because I like seeing everyone's ideas on what makes a good race track. I am going to start down a new series here with all the new Formula One circuits being used for the 2020 season.

First off, let's try Mugello! Sure it's a great FIA Grade 1 circuit, but it has never been used for Formula One before. I've seen on-board videos of the current layout, and frankly it kind of bores me. A hairpin, 3 chicanes, a double right, a chicane, a hairpin, a chicane, a hairpin. Turn 1 is an obvious overtaking point, especially with DRS. The only other might be ahead of Turn 14. I simply don't see a lot of action here.

Please, somebody, make this more interesting!!

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7516075
While there are certainly some great corners ( T6-9 will be awesome), I foresee a race probably even more dull than at the circuit de catalunya due to the areo dependancy in many of the fast sweeping turns. I have tried to address this in my design, with some of the fast sweeping turns incorporated into the middle sector while creating a few more opportunities to overtake by tightening some of the faster kinks and hairpins to allow cars to close up and follow in these sections.
I'm just hoping the rumoured return to Instanbul park is announced, what a great track that is sorely missed on the current calander

ooh, I'll have a go.. give me a bit... :D

I also have the same fears as you rubaru, which is a shame, because the Mugello circuit is a beast and great as it is, for most cars, just not current F1 with their stupid down force levels...

OK, here's my crude example of how to destroy Mugello. :D I hope they never do this obviously, but in my mind it would fix the track for F1 cars a bit... (when they should be fixing the cars for the tracks they race one... I digress...)

Tried to keep the fast flowing corners as they are the essence of Mugello, and focused on tightening up the clumsier 'chicanes' I'd guess you'd call them. Slow corners onto straights into another slow corner should provide so that cars can get closer.
Couldn't touch turns 6-9, they will just be too good to watch at full speed.

The kink in the main straight out of the previous final corner, I thought that loop should be just low speed enough to be able to follow, then if you're close, you could have a dive into the kink. maybe.

The remaining main straight will be plenty long enough with DRS for overtakes before T1 anyway...
T1 tightened up, and so is turn 2, with the idea being if you get overtaken into T1, you might be able to keep the battle going into T2 and take back your spot...

The tightened up turn 10 may not be an overtaking spot, as it will be super hard to follow through the old 6,7,8 & 9... but it is a setup corner, as is the next looping section, in the hopes you can have a go at the new turn 14.

Untitled-1.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back