Track Design Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
Here is a game I started that was relatively successful on another forum.

Each week a city or current circuit will be chosen (Alternating) eg: Paris may be chosen or the Hungaroring. Then a target series will be chosen eg: F1, long 24 hr circuit, small street club circuit. You then have a certain amount of time to design a circuit/modify it to your hearts content. For the cities, you can stay as central as you like, or broaden into the suburbs. If you decide to use an airfield/airport, make sure it isn't operational. Again, with real race tracks, stay close to the circuit.

Please may all entries use Gmap-Pedometer saved to public and linked to in a post. After the time, we will have a vote. Another round will start while the voting happens.

Points Scoring
Round Win - 3
2nd place - 2
3rd place - 1
All other places score no points. Ties will share the points equally.

You have 3 points to allocate in your vote. They cannot go to you, and all three cannot go to one user. You can give 1 point to 3 users or 2 to one and 1 to another, if you vote, use all three votes.
The user who wins chooses the next location.

Rules for circuit design.
Space for a reasonable pit-lane adjacent to the start straight must be left. This can just be one side of a dual carriageway or a grassy area. No buildings should be moved for this.
Not too short, but not too long.
At the end of long straights, a reasonable run-off area should be left.
If the circuit would be made better by adding tarmac onto a grassy or tree covered area, go for it. We're not environmentalists here.

Extra info.
If similar or duplicate tracks are posted, the first will go through to the vote.
Multiple entries are not allowed, but editing and choosing a FINAL ENTRY is allowed. Please mark them with FINAL ENTRY.
When choosing a location, you may add one extra criterion to the round.

Points table.
Tapio Rinneaho - 6
Jimlaad43 - 5
Benutzername - 4
the_sigman - 2.5
Rami Saidy - 0.5

Hall of Fame.
To win the Hermann Tilke award for circuit design, you need to amass 20 points in this game.

For the first round, we shall start in Berlin.

My entry is this: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6118173

Last edited:
Great game ;), to understand properly, the track need to be done on Gmap pedometer? So a track made on photoshop is not allowed?
No. Remember that it should be set in Berlin for this round. I found when I did it before that having everyone use Gmap Pedometer made voting so much easier.

i suggest something, the winner can choose the next location :p
Read the brief, I have already said this. EDIT: Turns out I didn't, I forgot to add this.

Save it? Above the Tweet and Facebook bit is a Save Route button. Select Save as Public (This is crucial) copy the url and paste it into a post on here.

Last edited:
I will join ;)

Read the brief, I have already said this.

Save it? Above the Tweet and Facebook bit is a Save Route button. Select Save as Public (This is crucial) copy the url and paste it into a post on here.

What if we don't have that?

You don't need to say "I'll join", you just need to post a track. Entries are open for round 1 in Berlin incase you missed it.

Seems fine. Remember to start where you want the start line to be and leave the mile markers on so we know which way it goes.

Yes, Press Start Recoding and double click where you want to start. Use the Automatically (for runners) to make it trace the path of the roads and paths in any direction, unless they are one way. Just double click on the bit you want the path to follow. Automatically (for cyclists) just follows the road. CAREFUL, at junctions, they can look bad. Use the Manual button to draw straight lines. Use this for bits without roads, or to sort out the junctions.
@Rami Saidy

I have slightly tweaked my entry.
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6118290
Berlin Circuit - Tiergarten
Clockwise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No