Track Descriptions for Abulzz Targa Florio '73

Misc Track Descriptions for Abulzz Targa Florio '73 2021-06-05

Login or Register an account to download this content

Mr. Malarkey

Premium
Just A Lark submitted a new resource:

Track Descriptions for Abulzz Targa Florio '73 - Kilometer markers for Targa Florio full course

Hello everyone! This is a track description file for the Targa Florio '73 full circuit by Abulzz. Since there are obviously no corner names on the circuit, this simply tells you which kilometer you are on in the circuit. For me it's helpful when all those winding mountain roads start looking the same!

You can download the pre-alpha version 0.0.1 here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/targa-florio-73-pre-alpha.23298/

Or you can become a Patreon subscriber and get monthly...

Read more about this resource...

Oh, that's nice!
I know what you mean.
I just installed the whole map app, which is interesting to see where you are.
But will have to give this a try!!
I would imagine there are names local people/race car drivers referred to places/corners by some kind of name?
Now that I think about it, I can think about parts like "roller caster" "land of compound rights" "bridge to know where" "crash corner" although technically all corners could be called that!! Lol!
The one I'm thinking of is just past the half way point, after the switchbacks/climb. You start to come down and it looks like you just drive over a little rise but it's a hard right!!! Lol!!

Thanks, and I hope you like it. I think it is accurate. I'm not sure if I should have started numbering when you hit the end of the first kilometer or the beginning - if you have an opinion, let me know. I think I can do the math to change it pretty easily.

But, yes, I would love to have names for at least some of the corners. I've seen somewhere that a couple British drivers referred to one corner as something like "Back To Britain In A Box," which I love!

Last edited:
Not sure when I will be down on my sim next.
But does this work with the 'track description' app, I think it's called?
Cause I'm thinking it would be nice to have at least the half way point marked?

Oh wow this is great! Thanks! :)
But please remember that when the road is updated according to lidar data, the points and placings could be slightly different later :thumbsup:

Oh wow this is great! Thanks! :)
But please remember that when the road is updated according to lidar data, the points and placings could be slightly different later :thumbsup:

I will definitely keep an eye out for that. The markers are only positioned according to the length of the track in percentages (I had to do WAY more math than I am normally comfortable with), so theoretically, at least, they shouldn't be ok, since the track itself will always be 100% long, and that will always be divided into approximately 72 segments. But I admit I don't know much about how tracks are modeled. I'll be curious to see if they are affected.

Thank you so much for this track. It is a joy to drive, and I eagerly await my monthly updates on the Patreon!

Last edited:
I just now got around to downloading this app. It's been a long spring for me.
How do I activate it? Since it's installed directly into the Targa Florio track data I shouldn't have to check a box off in CSP I'm guessing?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%