Track crashes on other's machines?

Hi all,

I just released my first track. It works totally fine here in my computer but when a couple of friend of mine downloaded it and installed it is not working: It goes to the loading image, and actually some progress starts showing on the progress bar and then it crashes.

Here's the link to the track and should be unziped inside the /locations folder.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XO62XX8E

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Miguel

Check the textures to see if they are powers of 2 (2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256,512,1024,2048 etc).
With my track, my textures were dodgy and it worked on Windows XP. I got a new computer with Vista on and it didn't work, so I had to resize all of the textures.

resizing textures vs. converting to dds

Among resizing or converting to dds, I think re-sizing would be easier since I wont need to go thorugh the whole series of modifications: remap text in the object, re-export object, re do x-packer, replace object in track and re-export track?

Am I in the right trend of thoughts here?

Your track didn’t load for me the first time. I had to re-size all the jpgs. Re-size to powers of 2 is the safest bet.

rF searches by file name. Removing the jpg textures from the folder and replacing them with DDS files should work. I never tested this with JPG though. I’ve replaced BMP, TGA and PNG to DDS without ever handling the mesh.

Once the mesh is mapped texture dimension is not a concern.
4606X1858 can be changed to 4096X1024.

Edit: JPG can also be replaced by DDS if you chose to do so. I'm uncertain about JPG vs DDS performances.
The DDS and JPG I tested seem to compress similarly. JPG is compressed, DDS isn't.

ehrlec, since you seem to have fixed the problem. Would you mind sending me the resized images. I would greatly appreciate them!!!!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back