track completed some ppl gettin error

ok I have a trk completed and some ppl are getting an error, 2 ppl actually are getting it, and it says cant load horizon.gmt to memory or sumthing like that. I know 1 guy is runnin vista and so am I he is getting an error and it works fine for me. I have the sky.mas and I made a mas file with the dds and gmt files.

any help at all would be appreciated we are plannin on runnin these trks in a league.

Thank You

Sounds like the SCN file isn't referencing something.

Look at the SCN file and make sure you have written it properly.

SearchPath=YourTrack

MASFile=commonmaps.mas
MASFile=yourtrack.mas
MASFile=yourtrackmap.mas

If that's setup correctly and it doesn't work for 1 or 2 people, I have no idea.

/

About the MAS files, usually people do all the textures in "trackname.mas" and then all of the textures in a seperate MAS called "tracknamemap.mas" - that's how ISI did it.

Means if you want to update anything in the future you only have to update 1 mas file, instead of all of it.

Somehow along the way some people decided to reverse the consensus and start using "tracknamemap.mas" for GMT's and "trackname.mas" for textures.

I have no idea why.

ok I have a trk completed and some ppl are getting an error, 2 ppl actually are getting it, and it says cant load horizon.gmt to memory or sumthing like that. I know 1 guy is runnin vista and so am I he is getting an error and it works fine for me. I have the sky.mas and I made a mas file with the dds and gmt files.

any help at all would be appreciated we are plannin on runnin these trks in a league.

Thank You
I'm not sure but I have a feeling this error is a clash between a couple of tracks.
I would try a fresh install of rfactor to a new folder & load that one track that errors & see if the problem persists.

what exactly is the Horizon.gmt for anyways? I started going threw other track files for other tracks I got I see a bunch of tracks I got dont even use a horizon.gmt not in the .scn file or the sky.mas.

Thanks

It is probably related to Your texture sizes

If the 2 ppl are using an ATI card, there are some issues with big or non dds textures
-Resize the textures to 1024 max if they are bigger, and check if You have any non-standard formats in Your pack
(must be DDS and multiple of 2)

ps.
The background image used for blending is usually in a non standard format...

Good Luck!
Gianni.

Here are some screens of them. 2 separate objects, horizon and sky.

Shouldn't the .scn file also have [MASFILE=sky.mas]?

Attachments

• krunch_horizon.jpg
    krunch_horizon.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 248
  • krunch_sky.jpg
    krunch_sky.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 237

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.