Tracks Track Building.

So i've been thinking about creating my own track in Assetto Corsa. I don't really know where to begin as i don't find Blender to be beginner friendly, at all, that lead me to think about buying Race Track Builder on Steam, is there anyone here that can tell me if it's a good beginners program? I've heard both good and bad things about it, so I'm kinda torn between either buying it or not.

It depends on what quality ceiling you want... RTB is easy to use but is not the complete package, you'd be stuck with generic scenery until you learn Blender or another actual modeling program. If you just want something you can drive on then RTB can make that happen, if you want it to look like a real place, or have accurate elevation of a real place, you've gotta use Blender anyway. So if that's the end goal there's not much point starting with RTB and then starting over in Blender once you reach its limits.

Last edited:
It depends on what quality ceiling you want... RTB is easy to use but is not the complete package, you'd be stuck with generic scenery until you learn Blender or another actual modeling program. If you just want something you can drive on then RTB can make that happen, if you want it to look like a real place, or have accurate elevation of a real place, you've gotta use Blender anyway. So if that's the end goal there's not much point starting with RTB and then starting over in Blender once you reach its limits.
id just like to try my hands on it, but i’ll try blender, if i don’t like it, i’ll probably try RTB. Thanks for the help!

I don't have time to do any tracks, I like to race ;)
But... After reading this post I did this one in a hurry, maybe it can serve as a tiny start on your journey to become the new "LilSki"? ;)

With Blender you can build your track as long as you like, "in one take", RTB kind of sux I believe? :)

And, no, I have no experience in track building so I can't help you any further than this.
But I did a quick read at https://assettocorsamods.net/threads/build-your-first-track-basic-guide.12/
and added some small stuff needed.

Have fun!

So i've been thinking about creating my own track in Assetto Corsa. I don't really know where to begin as i don't find Blender to be beginner friendly, at all, that lead me to think about buying Race Track Builder on Steam, is there anyone here that can tell me if it's a good beginners program? I've heard both good and bad things about it, so I'm kinda torn between either buying it or not.

Getting a track in Blender to the same point as a track from BTB is honestly about the same, in terms of "difficulty." (Read: it isn't hard at all)

The basic techniques are dead simple and easy, and you'll start with much more flexibility in your track design right off the bat. It took me a few years to finally take the plunge and start learning it, but once I did it took no time at all to get a usable road and basic scenery in game from Blender and I wasn't hamstrung at all with the severe limitations that RTB comes with.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 197 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 519 38.6%