Toyota Top Again After Last Minute Pass

Awesome event, I spent the weekend there and have no complaints. Well organised by everyone.

Ok, the autograph session could maybe be a bit longer but the queues were pretty long for the popular teams so can't be helped, I just had to pick and choose. Everyone was polite and waited their turn and that's the important thing :)

The battle at the front of LMP1 was fascinating only because the Toyota's in theory should have been much faster so with the limit on tyres this year I'm just wondering if they were pacing it rather than going flat out. It nearly backfired because the Porsche team were faster on pit stops and that's something Toyota will have to watch out for; but to be two hours into the race and still have the top three together was great to see. Spa will be very interesting and I think Le Mans will be a great battle.

Well done to Rebellion in LMP2 and Ford in GTE Pro. Really tough for the guys in GTE AM, it developed into a bit of a Touring Car race on the last lap for those guys and a shame to see battered cars being dragged to the finish line.

To enter the last hour of the race and have three of the four classes battling for the lead though was fantastic and that's why I love sportscar racing :)

Haven't had chance to sort the photos yet but will put a few up on Wednesday if anyone's interested.

Also just a little mention to the ELMS race which takes place on the Saturday. A great race with a fantastic battle for the lead into the last ten minutes, and those V8 LMP3's just sound awesome! :laugh::)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%