Cars Toyota Sera WIP

There's a fine line between detailing and insanity, and it's about time I draw it! :)

The SLSS is a thing now
33206162072_613f15d684_h.jpg

32547329063_86697730fa_h.jpg

33206162462_d63e61313e_h.jpg

And it actually works in the showroom from CASUAL to FUNKY!
32547331223_2edb6d215d_k.jpg

33206164012_db0e3e718d_h.jpg

Special thanks to @ScuzzySera for getting pics for the fine details!

There's a fine line between detailing and insanity, and it's about time I draw it! :)

The SLSS is a thing now
33206162072_613f15d684_h.jpg

32547329063_86697730fa_h.jpg

33206162462_d63e61313e_h.jpg

And it actually works in the showroom from CASUAL to FUNKY!
32547331223_2edb6d215d_k.jpg

33206164012_db0e3e718d_h.jpg

Special thanks to @ScuzzySera for getting pics for the fine details!
That's awesome. Really liking the attention to detail.

Even if it doesn't matter whatsoever to driving the car in the sim. It's the little things like that that help bring those cars 'to life'.

I have my doubts about it but I'm sure one of the owners here might clear that for us :) @ScuzzySera
My Sera never came with the original 10 speaker SLSS configuration, I sourced the rear speaker cabinet and dash tweeter housings as part of a sound system upgrade with aftermarket parts, I've never heard an original SLSS Sera :roflmao:

There were two 1" tweeters on the dash, a center speaker, two 4" door speakers, the rear enclosure had 4" woofers + 1" tweeters per side plus a sub woofer located in the boot/trunk. I never fitted the center speaker to my car as the one I bought had severe sun damage, I gutted everything and replaced all the speakers without having the SLSS head unit and amplifier.

I do know how to manually make the speaker rotate though ;)

Well my Toyota Previa sounds pretty good with it's standard 6 speakers so they used quality stuff back then, being in a glass bubble with 10 speakers should be an interesting experience.
Speaking of which, car is done, geometrically at least. All speakers set, grey interior for the TRD version and all the stuff working as it should, except LODS for last + DDS optimization.
Only waiting on the final physics and testing and it's release time.

Showroom_toyota_sera_trd_11-2-2017-8-58-17.jpg
Showroom_toyota_sera_trd_11-2-2017-8-57-53.jpg
Showroom_toyota_sera_11-2-2017-8-56-33.jpg
Screenshot_toyota_sera_trd_drift_11-3-117-8-18-30.jpg
Screenshot_toyota_sera_ks_nordschleife_11-3-117-5-7-52.jpg

Hey A3DR, I just wanted to say that the speed in which you modeled and finished this car is astonishing. The accuracy and quality of this model if off the charts, possible even better than Kunos official cars. I hope the physics will be just as good as the looks of this car.

Should I already prepare myself for your next project? Looking at how quick you managed to model this, I'm pretty sure more cars will follow.

Hey A3DR, I just wanted to say that the speed in which you modeled and finished this car is astonishing. The accuracy and quality of this model if off the charts, possible even better than Kunos official cars. I hope the physics will be just as good as the looks of this car.

Should I already prepare myself for your next project? Looking at how quick you managed to model this, I'm pretty sure more cars will follow.

You should check out his website. He's a professional modeler with tens of models under his belt. The models are definitely higher fidelity than Kunos'.

Thanks for the appreciation! To be honest I've started this project back in June last year, is just that I've had to put it on hold until early this year, lots of stuff happened in the middle so I couldn't really dedicate myself to it until recently and it wasn't something I wanted to rush for no reason.
I have a couple of projects ahead but they're private funded, so I can't really say when I'll be able to show something, but you bet there'll be more coming in the future :)

You should check out his website. He's a professional modeler with tens of models under his belt. The models are definitely higher fidelity than Kunos'.

Thanks Adi I appreciate that, but I believe my models are up to their standard, the difference is that I get more freedom to spend on certain details and don't have the limitation to comply with their rules, even though I always keep a strict polycount budget on my models (The Sera is 250-260k triangles complete exterior + cockpit HD so it's on the official cars' budget). I know a few of the modelers Kunos hire, some of them personally, and they're really good artists too.

I'm also a serial Toyota Sera owner and have been giving Joe some info.

In one of mine I fitted the Starlet Turbo 4E-FTE engine - 1300cc turbo giving 135ps - a 25ps increase. Kept the top mounted intercooler, but had the Starlet Turbo bonnet vent grafted onto mine. Others have done similar things, some using a front mounted intercooler.

Toyota planned a higher performance version, but it never happened. As the car was based on Starlet mechanicals, they'd have probably it how I did it.

Thanks guys, glad to have the interest of real Sera owners! the TRD version should be competitive with the AE86 from the game, I still don't have the definitive version as Joseph is working on it along with Aphidgod to sort out some of the physics issues, but it's getting there.

Would be cool to know what Toyota had planned for this car, it could be recreated virtually at least :)

In the meantime put together a final screenshots gallery here:
https://a3dr.artstation.com/projects/3Qra2

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%