flyer_corolla.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: TC65 Toyota Corolla mod
Track: Birmingham GP / Mo I Rana
Conditions: 17.00 in-game
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10min
Race: 14 lap
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: As with the Skylines, please pick your livery ahead of the race, and choose something different to the ones already chosen.

Well well well,

expected tonight to turn out a little different myself ....
Race 1) was ok at first until my shifter started to change gears at random. Had a nice battle with Hans whome I chased 4 quite some time until I ran my car off the track again :( still, this one was fun.

Race 2) ... don't even ask ;) although I testdrove it excessively, trying to get down my toe-heel shifting technique... but in the race, this technique rather affected me negatively than positively! Lots of off-track action on my part :D ... at least I got to witness the battle at the front lines with amir and XXXX (sorry cannot remember the name )

Apologizes again for race 1. I went to race 2 more cautious and started last on the grid just in case something happened again.

Oh that was a really fun second race! This car is a hoot:)

For the entire race I was racing Warren. I was constantly having issues with my connection so I had to keep my distance though. If only the internet Gods were a little more friendly today this race could have been perfect. Thanks for the good fun Warren:)

At one point during the race I was in a silly mood and managed a perfect slide over the crest of that awesome corner. Felt sooo good:drool:

Thanks RD and Stuart for another one. Great to see some new faces too:good:

Attachments

• Corolla1.jpg
    Corolla1.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 225
  • Corolla2.jpg
    Corolla2.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 252
Thanks for some great racing!

Race1: I started well and thought that I will make some lead, but i couldn't. Ralf was right behind me to the last lap. I had to push all the time.

Race2: At the beginning it was quite easy. I pulled away from the rest of the drivers. After few laps I was about to pass Andrew, who was lap down, but I lost control. When I returned on the track I was fourth, right behind Ralf. We had same fight, but I couldn't overtake him. One lap before finish he made a mistake and i went pass him. I finished third.

See you on Thursday!

First of all,very glad MP working again, I had not a nice weekend feeling a bit what Bert must have had last week not able to connect.

The Corrola's are big fun to drive,
Moirana is a nice track bud there are 2 corners that give me trouble all the time. in Quali not able to set a time getting a big freeze and after that graphic problems everything was a blur so have to restart the program and enter the race again.

Start on last place ,had a good start (some trouble here and there on the Grid?) finish place 12 bud had a great time with Ulli and Steven

Birmingham ,a track I begin to like ,and it is great with the Corrola.in Pract a 1.46, bud in Quali a 1.47 give me place 12 good start again ( slalom through) and keep up fore a few rounds had some nice fights here and there finish place 10 after some slipoffs bud my "race pace"was not that bad.

Great race evening Guys thanks, and for Stuart a big one THANKS

That was the usual GTL fun again, and great to see the additional new members giving us a bigger field too, with the added boost of lifting the competitive standards.
These Corolla's were interesting to drive, more like your local shopping trolley than true race cars, but they made for fun racing, and were certainly not easy to keep under control (well I found them tricky anyway). I never really came to grips with them, and kept making lots of boo boo's.
Two great tracks too.

Race 1, MoIRana: I had too many off track excursions, including slamming the poor Corolla into a wall, but had a good race with Marty which made it enjoyable. :)

Race 2: Birmingham: Got caught up in the start line chaos and was pushed into the wall as cars went everywhere. This put me near last but managed to sneak back to the middle somewhere after a few laps. From then, I had a great race with Knut for many laps as we swapped places (and mistakes) but were never more than a few car lengths apart. Really good fun Knut. :party2:

Thanks Stu, another good'un, and thanks to all who joined.

Wow what a fun little car to race. Also felt good to race again with the GTL gang.

Race 1
Short practice to try to figure out the track. Race was more fun than I expected racing hard to try to keep up with Stuart and a really fun battle for most of the race with Warren. The car was a handfull at the end as Warren And I were drifting about in battle last couple laps though I could not get close enough to even consider trying to pass. Grats to the podium

Race 2
Love the Alabama track and the toyota's were a blast to drive here. Qualied about 8th and was up as far as 4th with Palmer close behind for several laps. Had a big spin mid race loosing several spots and ended up 6th. Wish I had been either a couple spots forward or back as I was mostly hotlapping by myself most of the race. Would like to see more racing in these cars as they are allot of fun. Cool results page Stuart very nice. Not sure when I will be able to race GTL again but Im looking forward to it. Thanks Again Stuart

yes, great racing again with GTL and I'm happy you keep that sim alive, thanks mates, looking forward to next races

I wasn't even sure whether I'm allowed to join although being a member for a year or so as I'm not a friend of "15 posts at least before join" rule.

R1
Found that Corolla way too coast-oversteer so I increased that diff. parameter all the way to 100%, started 2nd or 3rd and could keep the alienesque speed of Leszek and was sure he'ld make a mistake, but he succeeded, very impressive, it was the other way around, I made a mistake last lap

R2
started somewhere midfields had good first couple laps, lost the car once, let some positions drop, back to P 3 again cause others had troubles too, tried to defend Leszek who was way faster without me Obstacle, P 2,3,4 entered last lap nose to tail, me and Amir were in trouble in that certain turn and I tapped him, or my contact made him almost turn around, Sorry again anyway, even Leszek waited till we were sorted again although he wasn't envolved at all

so I felt all the sessions being in a field of racers with a very friendly behaviour and good manners

congratulations to all of you

Just got home from the hospital. All is well. I went in cuz of a very persistent fever that would not go away no matter what I took. So I got a bit worried and went to my local emergency room. They couldn't figure out why my temperature was acting up but at least they managed to get rid of the fever. Hopefully I will stay cool, hehe.

It's too bad I missed this one, it sounds like it was a lot of fun.

Stuart, that "results" page is neat as hell man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back