rF2 Toyota Celica GTO IMSA @ Riverside - Thu 27 Aug 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Dunno what happened, but as the second warmup started, I went for a wee and when I came back, the race was underway.

Still, it's given me chance to work out how to change my RF2 name. I also did a really good GT4 race in assetto corsa. Next time perhaps, for RF2.

While not ideal, you could've used the first race as a test session starting from the pit, while joining the second one from the grid where you finished R1.

Denis mentioned there'd be enough time. About 1min later I rejoined and just saw that the race had been started.
I'm not saying its anybodys fault, but I really enjoyed the car on this track and would have loved to have second race without a broken car. Maybe next time a restart or a little longer waiting period would be nice.

The problem is that the server jumps on by itself, and you need to be on the server when it moves to R2 to be able to start that race.
It seemed like the server didn't jump until all had left the track as it jumped on very quick after you left :/

Thanks for tonight all and Denis in particular. Enjoyed the racing but apart from getting a surprise pole and my first lap in the 1:14's, it wasn't a great night for me for errors.

Bad start from pole in race one will have been a surprise for those behind me (please accept apology no. 1) but managed to get going within the top ten and somehow managed to get to P4 by the end, mainly from other clashes / crashes I think.

Second race I think I was battling for 3rd and accidentally tapped someone into the chicane before the back straight - I don't think it compromised their race but apologies to whomever it was and I hope it didn't affect you. For me, the car stalled and turned out I was pressing the wrong button on my button box to get it fired back up (racing in VR). Ended up last and some way down on the next car, again mainly benefiting from others misfortune I think I made P8 by the end.

Looking forward to future races and putting this one behind me!

Didn't think it would let me rejoin once the race started - the race button didn't work. Besides, my best lap was a 1:23 with three laps worth of fuel in the car, so I doubt I would have contributed much!

Didn't think it would let me rejoin once the race started - the race button didn't work. Besides, my best lap was a 1:23 with three laps worth of fuel in the car, so I doubt I would have contributed much!

Oh, maybe it had gone too much time :/ R2 would've been available anyway. Hopefully we'll see you in the future. Speedwise you are not the slowest I've seen on RD servers, so no worry there :)

Dunno what happened, but as the second warmup started, I went for a wee and when I came back, the race was underway.

Still, it's given me chance to work out how to change my RF2 name. I also did a really good GT4 race in assetto corsa. Next time perhaps, for RF2.
My fault, in the flapping and the rush I forgot there might be people who may have not been through this procedure before.

Sometimes when an rF2 server rolls from one session to the next, one or more drivers can be booted through no fault of their own. When this happens as we go into the race session, I always reset the session back to the start of warm up, because we have to wait for the guy to start his game up and join the server. As soon as everybody has rejoined, we go directly to race, because we don't wanna lose too much time.

Sorry I didn't explain It. I guess you'll know next time. It can happen to any of us and we're always glad when the others wait for us to rejoin.

In the first race there was quite some bumping going on in the first corner, so I (and some other guys, too, I guess) had to drive with broken rear wings the rest of the race. Ok, **** happens. I thought thats fine, so I'll get some experience and then drive a good second race.
However, after the first race I (and at least one other dude) got stuck in the after-race screen, where ESC or any other button would not work, so you had to restart rF2. Denis mentioned there'd be enough time. About 1min later I rejoined and just saw that the race had been started.
I'm not saying its anybodys fault, but I really enjoyed the car on this track and would have loved to have second race without a broken car. Maybe next time a restart or a little longer waiting period would be nice.
We were debating this on TS Matt. With the current format, there is no button I can press to restart race, and because we have no warm up for Race 2 if I hit restart warmup it'll repeat Race 1. There may be an admin command that I can type in to restart the race. Or alternatively, I could put in a warmup for Race 2 (if I can remember how). I'll look into it mate. The current format is a WiP, so all feedback of this kind is welcome buddy.

Sorry again that you were so unlucky tonight. :(

We were debating this on TS Matt. With the current format, there is no button I can press to restart race, and because we have no warm up for Race 2 if I hit restart warmup it'll repeat Race 1. There may be an admin command that I can type in to restart the race. Or alternatively, I could put in a warmup for Race 2 (if I can remember how). I'll look into it mate. The current format is a WiP, so all feedback of this kind is welcome buddy.

Sorry again that you were so unlucky tonight. :(
Oh, don't worry about it. It's one of those things.

Rfactor2 is a bit like trying to launch a Polaris missile with a Nokia 2310.

Sorry for leaving after R1 guys, during the last 5 minutes of R1 i suddenly got a visit from a friend who came to pick up some parts for his car from my garage.

The race itself was not that good for me.
Someone messed up the start and i believe we were 5 or 6 cars that crashed on the start straight..
My car ended in the pit wall and i damaged both the front and rear suspension causing the car to become really nervous in every corner..
In the next couple of laps two of the other drivers spent more time trying to go trough the back of my car instead of driving around..

When the race was over i was two laps behind the leader and the rear tires was completely gone...

Don't know if i like the car or not, but the track was fun :)

Anyways, it was great being back, so i hope for a good one next week as well :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 152 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.8%