rF2 Toyota Celica GTO IMSA @ Riverside - Thu 27 Aug 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Wow, 17 sign ups.... TIME TO PARTY!!!!

giphy.gif

I'm having problems with the mod, game keeps instantly crashing when I click race on my set up (low tyre pressure). On standard set up it's working, but then if i have a high impact (hit the wall) the game ceashes. I think it's a fundamental problem with the mod.
Edit: I've only used the standard Gulf skin

Last edited:
I was going to ask if anyone has had any luck tweaking the setup of the Celica? I had a go but, as is normal for me, I've gone back to default and longer gears only.
Longer gears.
I'm having problems with the mod, game keeps instantly crashing when I click race on my set up (low tyre pressure). On standard set up it's working, but then if i have a high impact (hit the wall) the game ceashes. I think it's a fundamental problem with the mod.
Edit: I've only used the standard Gulf skin
Could you try another skin and report back please?
BTW, we have raced this car in the past with no issues, so I'm guessing that this is either a conflict with the track, or possibly an issue with the latest shaders/latest build.... maybe?

Denis, I've just been on the server & my front tyres have been excess of 500 degrees (climbing all the time I'm leaving the pits) without pushing the car with the default setup. I didn't experience this problem earlier today, so I don't know what the problem is.

Number 43 STP skin have all the above mentioned -drawbacks-I can confirm.. ( stay away from it )

Tyre temps going crazy . is mostly related to the very low ride height on default.setup.
Riverside is quite bumpy.. But tyre temps will be higher because the engine is mental

Number 43 STP skin have all the above mentioned -drawbacks-I can confirm.. ( stay away from it )

Tyre temps going crazy . is mostly related to the very low ride height on default.setup.
Riverside is quite bumpy.. But tyre temps will be higher because the engine is mental

It just reached 600+ on my front left tyre & 400+ on my front right & my rear tyres were cold - all whilst I was stationary in the pit area. I never had this problem on the two other occasions that I've been on the track.

As @Cristian Muscala attempted, I lowered my tyre pressures & the game crashed.

It just reached 600+ on my front left tyre & 400+ on my front right & my rear tyres were cold - all whilst I was stationary in the pit area. I never had this problem on the two other occasions that I've been on the track.

As @Cristian Muscala attempted, I lowered my tyre pressures & the game crashed.

Sounds like it will be NASCAR style driving today then. Front grip no mo'

Fitting for Riverside :)

Dunno what happened, but as the second warmup started, I went for a wee and when I came back, the race was underway.

Still, it's given me chance to work out how to change my RF2 name. I also did a really good GT4 race in assetto corsa. Next time perhaps, for RF2.

In the first race there was quite some bumping going on in the first corner, so I (and some other guys, too, I guess) had to drive with broken rear wings the rest of the race. Ok, **** happens. I thought thats fine, so I'll get some experience and then drive a good second race.
However, after the first race I (and at least one other dude) got stuck in the after-race screen, where ESC or any other button would not work, so you had to restart rF2. Denis mentioned there'd be enough time. About 1min later I rejoined and just saw that the race had been started.
I'm not saying its anybodys fault, but I really enjoyed the car on this track and would have loved to have second race without a broken car. Maybe next time a restart or a little longer waiting period would be nice.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 81 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 314 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.4%